Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My friend is still upset.

My friend went to Koodo store at Penticton, BC to buy iphone4s last boxing day. He was so excited that he forgot to ask his.gift card worth $100. Then he went home in Princeton, BC about 2 hours drive then he remembered he forgot the.gift card. After 2days he went there to get it but he is not bringing the phone. So after few days he went back again but the agent told him that the promo is off already. They didn't consider that he bought it when the promo is still up. And then they told him he is not going to get it because he did not get a new account. So why they are just telling him that later? If only they explain it well he might not get the phone or even open the box. He don't mind changing his number just to get the phone and.gift card. Very disappointing. Even the customer support told him they can't do anything about it. Like Really???

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Yes. Like really. Once the promo has passed, there isn't anything that can be done by calling in. The only suggestion is to speak to a manager at the store and MAYBE they can see if something can be done since the.gift cards were given by the store in question. Perhaps looking into inventory or something, they might be able to still give the cards. I see you mentioned he did not get a new account. The.gift cards are not given to existing clients.
Userlevel 3
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yes. Like really. Once the promo has passed, there isn't anything that can be done by calling in....

Yes.gift card promos are generally for new activations. Since this is an in store offer it is the discrestion of the store if they were going to issue you the.gift card or not. But regardless if you cancel within 30 days you will be charged for the.gift card. I'd ask to speak with the store manager if i were in your shoes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curious why "Your friend" isn't complaining here but you are? I'm not getting it
Userlevel 4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Curious why "Your friend" isn't complaining here but you are? I'm not getting it

Yup! I agree...
Userlevel 7

Maybe her friend doesn't speak/write English very well? There could be many reasons. Also, I'll be happy to explain anything that wasn't clear to you. What don't you get?

It's because he can't express it in English in a way I can.
It's because he can't express it in English the in a way I can.
I guess the sales agent should explain the promos well. He told me they did not told him that he's not entitled with it because he's an existing customer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
sorry you feel this way, but from what I can see the situation is as follows: Koodo ran a promotion offering.gift cards to new customers who purchased an iphone 4s on the tab, for which the eligibility requirements were stated on all signs or advertising. Your friend, an existing customer, went to the store and purchased an iphone 4s, which any existing customer is eligible to do. He did not receive a.gift card with his new phone as he was not eligible, and by your original post he did not ask about it. It would appear that the store rep believed your friend to be aware of the requirements for receiving a.gift card and since your friend made no mention of said card saw no need to explain its absence. If your friend truly only wanted the iphone for the.gift card he has until close of business today (15 days from the date of purchase) to return the phone for a full refund.