Koodo Community

Community

My data isn't working even though it reset for the month

My data reset for September but when I tried to use it today the koodo website popped up in my internet explorer that said 100% of my data was used, when in data settings it says I've only used 1.0MB. I don't know how to fix this glitch, I've tried turning off data then turning it back on, I reset my phone, my software is updated (I have a Galaxy S7).

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Allison, are you looking at the data usage meter on the phone in settings or are you looking online in Koodo self serve to see what your data usage is at? Also what's your cycle start/end date has it come up for September or are you just going by the fact that it's a new month (September)?
Userlevel 6
Your data resets on your BILLING DATE, not the start of each month. You can check your billing date in your account info on the Koodo site after you log in. Just go to the data usage page, and it will be at the top. Then you can adjust your phones cycle to match.
My start and end date is Sept 1-30
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allison Osmond wrote:

Login to selfserve and see if it says your data is blocked. Also did you check your ebill to see when your start and end dates are or refer to your phones data usage tracker? The one on the phone has to manually be set to your reset dates, it doesnt do it itself.
Userlevel 6
Allison Osmond wrote:

I believe most billing dates are around the 6th, so I would log in and confirm that. Again, check on the Koodo site, NOT YOUR PHONE. Your phone will show the 1st of the month unless you manually set it to the correct reset date.
Allison Osmond wrote:

My data plan restarted on August 29th and I hadn't turned on my data until the 2nd of September and when I turned it on it was completely used up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allison Osmond wrote:

Can you take a screenshot of your data usage from selfserve and post it here for us to look at?
Login to self serve, click view usage, click view details under data and screenshot that page.
Userlevel 6
Allison Osmond wrote:

That makes sense.
I contacted koodo and got everything figured out. Thank you all for your help!