Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moving phone plus 1-800# to Koodo

I have a business phone number and a toll free number and I think I would like to consolidate into one mobile phone instead of a mobile, land line and toll free. Can I bring them both to Koodo and use my existing Samsung Note 3?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo doesn't offer toll free numbers, but you should be able to port the other line.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Port both your 800 and business number to CallCentric or other VoIP provider that offers call forwarding. You can use your home intenet connection to handle your phone over VoIP and have a landline. Or skip the landline entirely and just forward all your calls to your Koodo number.

The reason I suggest forwarding everything is that VoIP voicemail and call handling are a lot more flexible than the generic one-size-fits-all solutions offered by cell phone providers.
I actually don't need special call handling, just voice mail. I detest call waiting and won't subject my clients to it.

I can probably leave the 1-800# at Shaw. It is already pointed to my business number so if my business number ports to Koodo, it should just follow me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ebusinesstutor wrote:

I actually don't need special call handling, just voice mail. I detest call waiting and won't sub...

That will also work fine if you're happy with the Koodo voicemail and the 800 number is currently being forwarded in a timely manner.