Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moved to new area code. can I put my current number on a temp plan then get new number?

Basically I'm moving from Calgary from Edmonton, and since I have a 403 number I need to get a 780 (or 587 iirc). The problem is that 1. I could be getting very important calls on the old number at any time 2. I need to get a new number as soon as possible so I can start moving important calls to the new number as soon as possible. I have no intention of permanently switching plans as I have the Nationwide 56 promo. What I would like to do is this: Move my old number to a new, temporary line; the cheapest one possible. I don't even need a phone, as I can set the voicemail to direct people to my new number (and I can access it by calling the number or by popping the sim into my current phone). I would have this line active for one month and then I will cancel it. I might be able to do this with a prepaid sim. Is this possible, or is there a simpler way? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Jonathan I 30 June 2014, 12:44

If you transfer the phone # out somewhere, then it automatically cancels your account. Just activate a new prepaid SIM with the new phone #. Then if you want to keep the new phone # with your awesome plan, you can just port it over.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
If you transfer the phone # out somewhere, then it automatically cancels your account. Just activate a new prepaid SIM with the new phone #. Then if you want to keep the new phone # with your awesome plan, you can just port it over.