Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Misleading ADD ON Through Koodo ́s App

Hello,

I haven recently been charged and additional 5 dollars for text messages sent when I was in the US. The problem is that I have purchased an ADD ON (US Unld sms $10 3day which expired Oct 17) through the Koodo app on MY PHONE. I have called Koodoo twice to try and sort this out but I was told the ADD ON was purchased to my wife´s phone, not mine. That means she was charged $10 (but she did not use the ADD ON) and I was charged $5 for sending some text messages while in the US for that period of time. That is very misleading and I would like Koodo to remove the additional $5 from my bill. Even if I accidentally selected her number, the ADD ON should have been applied to my number (since I used the app on my phone and that seems pretty obvious to me). I am very unhappy with Koodo´s customer service since we´ve always paid our bills in time and it´s definitely not fair being charged twice. I would like to stick to Koodo, but if you guys are not willing to remove the $5 I will change to another provider. Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
"Even if I accidentally selected her number, the ADD ON should have been applied to my number (since I used the app on my phone and that seems pretty obvious to me). " I'm going to stop you right there. Seriously? Is that your logic? When you downlod the app, it doesn't automatically recognize your account and phone number. That's why you have to login to self-serve on the app. By your same logic, if you logged into someone else's self-serve on your phone and added the add-on for them, it should still be added to your account since the app was on your phone. What's "obvious" to you isn't actually true whatsoever. You DID accidently select your wife's line or when it was logged in, your wife's line is the default and never changed the phone line you were adding it to. You can call Koodo at *611 from your Koodo phone's and explain your mistake, and see if they're willing to do something. sometimes they will if it's a one time thing. This is in no way Koodo's fault and all yours.
That´s what I´ve done, logged in to self-serve with my personal information, not my wife´s. And that´s what I´ve always done, this ADD ON was one of some already purchased. And the ones before were always applied to my number. The obvious part is from a user interface point of view. Being a designer, I know things and instructions should be clear enough before committing to additional costs and/or plans. And I did try calling them twice, but no one was either willing to explain me what was going on and definitely not willing to remove the charge. I had to figure it out by myself. Great, according to you it´s my fault therefore i have to pay for it? Let´s say you rent a car and pre-pay for the fuel, but accidentally you the get the wrong set of keys and drive away with another car, using all of it´s gas. When you come back, you find out you have to pay for it again, even though the car you booked in the first place had the fuel prepaid and was there parked all that time. Do you own a company? If you apply that policy and attitude towards your customers you will never be successful. Clients do make mistakes and they should not be charged twice for a service they only used once.
Userlevel 5
so you have one phone and your wife has one phone and both the phones, is under one account?
Yep, they are under the same account! That´s why this happened. As a suggestion, I would change the app interface in order to make purchases in accounts with more than one number more straight forward. I bet I was not the only going through this. By the way, I just received an e-mail from Koodo. A very courteous and efficient lady offered to credit the money back. I just wished the guys on the phone had the same commitment to solving this misunderstanding as she did. I called Koodo twice and two different people were not able to either explain me what happened or credit the money back. Well it looks like now this is sorted! Very happy with their e-mail customer service.

Userlevel 5
Luiz Moreira wrote:

Yep, they are under the same account! That´s why this happened. As a suggestion, I would change t...

Glad it worked out for you.