Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Misleading ad?

I do not understand. I have seen sponsored Koodoo ads now for a quite WHILE WITH A PH# TO GET 29 DOLLAR A MONTH UNLIMITED TALK AND TEXT BUT WHEN CALLING IN THERE IS NO ATTENDANT ONLY A NEVER ENDING CIRCLE directing me to koodoo website and then I look but see nothing remotely similiar.......What gives?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
1-866-995-6636. Sorry if there was any confusion 🙂 It's not $29 for unlimited talk and text. It's 100mins, unlimited evenings and weekends starting @ 5pm and unlimited messaging. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html
Userlevel 6
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of this ad that you could show us? I'm curious about this myself.
Userlevel 7
Curtules wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of this ad that you could show us? I'm curious about this m...

I don't think it actually exists
Curtules wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of this ad that you could show us? I'm curious about this m...

Mysteriously that ad no longer comes up on my phone....Although I know I read the unlimited messaging part but on my cell it didn't show the entire length of the wording and the talk was next to the messaging. But if it could have been fully seen, then the 100 min part along with after 5pm And unlimited evenings and weekends may have appeared. I appreciate the clarification. However what was even more frustrating is that by calling the said number the IVR does not get you in touch with a real live person but merely directs you back to your site. My wife has a monthly plan not prepaid and we like it and wish to add a phone for me on her plan and maybe share in her Anywhere any time Canada talk and text so that at least I can talk to her and maybe text unlimited and I could receive incoming calls, some way to minimize our bill.....any help will be appreciated and sorry for my confusion. Thanks by the way for the quick responses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

We know EVERYTHING, MrFreeByrd, that is why you are always referred here, we're like the BORG mwhooahahahaha! I'm joking of course. If you want an overview of plans and what that might cost you, check out the spreadsheet I made once: http://goo.gl/88DFC You can enter your usage and it will (hopefully) be able to give you an indication what plan is best for your needs, or perhaps even prepaid. I myself am on prepaid and it gives me all I need, but I realize everybody is different... hope that helps you with your decisions. Never hesitate to ask your questions here though, you're most likely to get an accurate and more importantly an honest answer, we're all volunteers and not out to sell you expensive plans that you don't need 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Oh one important difference between prepaid and two postpaid plans on one account: with the latter you can have unlimited calling between your wife and yourself. In your case that might be an important detail in the decision making!
Curtules wrote:

I viewed your chart. Thanks. I would go the route of bringing my unlocked galaxy ace II over on to the postpaid plan on one account with unlimited texting and unlimited calling between my wife and I, maybe unlimited incoming at least for me and free local after 5PM and weekends. I am unsure if this will be affordable though on my low budget. She currently has unlimited everything with 2 GB data and it is only around 70 bucks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

That plan is still available but yes it would set you back another $70. However you can get unlimited incoming on any of the plans as a $10 add-on... just a heads up 🙂
Curtules wrote:

Right on, I guess as good of pricing as it is I shall have to Await a bit larger budget yet to add on. Cheers.
Curtules wrote:

loved your humor btw. 🙂