Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Manitoba phone coming to Alberta

My son In Mantoba is with Koodo and may get a new phone. He may give to us for my younger son. Will it work in Alberta? We would need a new Alberta number. Would I be eligible for the 10% off that phone plan? (we have two phones with you now on our plan here)

5 replies

Userlevel 1
If your son does get a new phone and gives you his old one, then you would be eligible for the 10% SIM only discount when you activate it on your account. The phone should work without issue. Whereabouts are you located? When your son gives you the phone, you can add it to your currect Koodo account with the Alberta number. Should be a smooth process 🙂
We are located south of Leduc. I was wondering because my Koodo phone does not work in some places in Manitoba that his does, and i was told it had something to do wiht manitobas network not working with some SIM card phones, and wondered if there would be a reverse issue.
Userlevel 4
Sonya Kilmartin wrote:

We are located south of Leduc. I was wondering because my Koodo phone does not work in some place...

Manitoba c an be tricky in some areas due to the main provider there. What kind of phone would he possibly be giving you? Should work regardless but it's always good to know just to be sure
Userlevel 2
Hey Sonia! You can take a look at our coverage map: http://koo.do/JbHkbm You can check with different options: - CDMA: the phone doesn’t have a Sim card - 4G (HSPA/LTE): the phone works with a Sim card. I hope this helps. ______________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
well that map explains why MY phone doesn't work when I go Northeast of Winnipeg back to our old house.