Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lost "bring your own phone" 10%

Has anyone else lost their 10$ discount (bring your own phone) WITHOUT changing their plan?

24 replies

Userlevel 7
If you've always had it and you're still on a pre-April 19th plan then you should still have it. Call Koodo at *611 from your Koodo phone and a rep should put it back on. Strange to hear it just fell off without changing your plan to a new one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It shouldn't if you didn't change your plan. I just received my bill and i still have my 10% discount. Add: Oh, wait. Did you buy/upgrade your phone from Koodo? Then you will loose 10% discount... 😞 http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/the-tab-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/Can-I-keep-my-10per-discount-if-I-buy-a-new-phone-outright-from-Koodo
Mayumi wrote:

It shouldn't if you didn't change your plan. I just received my bill and i still have my 10% dis...

No i didn't upgrade my phone.
Ahmad : I called Koodo and they told me everybody lost their 10% discount, and wouldn't add it back. First time I have a bad experience with Koodo, thinking about changing company even if it's to pay more. What I think happened is I called a month ago because I couldn't see the new plans on the self-serve site, and I think the Koodo servcie person activated something that made me lose my 10%. I explained that to Koodo but they said it wasn't that, and it was because since the new plans do not have the 10% discount, they removed it from old plans too... since when Koodo change the price of old plans?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maxime Jobin wrote:

Ahmad : I called Koodo and they told me everybody lost their 10% discount, and wouldn't add it ba...

" I think the Koodo servcie person activated something that made me lose my 10%. ..." - So did you change to new plan? They introduced new tab system, plans on April 19, 2015.
Maxime Jobin wrote:

Ahmad : I called Koodo and they told me everybody lost their 10% discount, and wouldn't add it ba...

No that's it, I didn't change to a new plan, I kept my old one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maxime Jobin wrote:

I would call customer service and ask them the reason why they removed 10% discount If you didn't change your plan. *611 from your phone(it doesn't use your minutes) And let us know their responds.
Maxime Jobin wrote:

I already did, they told me everybody lost their 10% discount, and wouldn't add it back
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maxime Jobin wrote:

It's not true. I didn't loose mine.
Maxime Jobin wrote:

That's what I thought.
Userlevel 5
Hi Maxime,

Which plan do you have in your account?

If you always had the No Tab Discount on your account and did not change your plan recently for one of our New Tab plans, your 10% discount should be on your account. We did not remove your discount. The choice is always yours with Koodo :-).

Do not hesitate to send us an email if you want us to look into your account : http://koo.do/11eMLdy (choose Social Media & validate your Self-Serve please).

Thanks

Hi Maxime,

If you always had the No Tab Discount on you...

I always had the No Tab Discount and didn't change plan. Is it possible to contact you by phone?
Userlevel 5
Nabil wrote:

Hi Maxime,

By phone, call 611 from your Koodo phone and a rep will assist you 🙂.
Nabil wrote:

Hi Maxime,

Can't contact you personnally? Cause the last one told be it was normal I lost my 10% even though I didn't change plan... even told me everyone had lost their discount. Understand that I already called 611.
Userlevel 5
Nabil wrote:

Hi Maxime,

If you want us to look into this, just send us an email from this link: http://koo.do/11eMLdy. Please make sure to choose "Social Media" & validate your Self-Serve. We'll take it from here 🙂
Nabil wrote:

Hi Maxime,

Done. Hope I'm called soon cause I will be out at 1 pm.
Nabil wrote:

Hi Maxime,

Still no news?
Userlevel 3
I have seen a few reports of this happening on other websites. Nice job Koodo 😉
Userlevel 5
Why is this question marked "Answered" when the OP has not received a response to his email? A definitive answer is important to those of us who currently are on old plans with a 10% discount for BYOD.
Elinor wrote:

Why is this question marked "Answered" when the OP has not received a response to his email? ...

Agreed. Still waiting for an answer.
I've been called by a Koodo agent, and been given back my old plan with the 10% discount. Problem was due to the mistake of another agent which I had called previoulsy to be able to switch to a new plan on the self-serve website. Even if I had not switch plan when I understood I would lose the discount doing so, the agent had removed my discount for me to see the new plans on the self-serve page. Even if I had specifically asked this agent (like three times) if I still had my discount after the process, and had a positive answer, this is the moment where I lost my discount. So, no worries, Koodo is still the only company to act with honesty with its client, and won't remove your discount unless you intentionally change plan... or have the bad luck to contact the wrong agent. 😛
Userlevel 5
Maxime Jobin wrote:

I've been called by a Koodo agent, and been given back my old plan with the 10% discount. Pro...

Thank you for taking the time to share your gratitude Maxime! Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. I think we will all agree if we say that the question has been answered now 😉 Have a great day!
Userlevel 5
I'm glad you finally got an answer, Maxime. If it hadn't been sorted out by tonight, I was going to re-ask the question on your behalf, referencing this thread. Obviously if the original customer rep had been correct that all discounts would be removed soon, many of us would have been affected. It was important to keep the question alive. I'm please that Koodo fixed the situation.
Elinor wrote:

I'm glad you finally got an answer, Maxime. If it hadn't been sorted out by tonight, I was going ...

I totally understand the importance of this answer for you all, I was myself very surprised by what the first representative had told me. Fortunately, he was wrong! Thanks for your support.