Koodo Community
Solved

Looking for U.S. data roaming for BlackBerry

I have a BlackBerry. I am travelling to the U.S. Is there a plan/add-on/whatever so that I can get data roaming at a reasonable price? So far, every U.S. add-on I've found does not apply to BlackBerry. And roaming is $5/MB - ouch!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For info on this go to this page and download the information pdf file. it's a 2 page pamphlet with all related info. http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
For info on this go to this page and download the information pdf file. it's a 2 page pamphlet wi...This pdf page is great - but explicitly says that none of these offers apply to BlackBerry. Thus my question about U.S. data roaming for BlackBerry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For info on this go to this page and download the information pdf file. it's a 2 page pamphlet wi...Oops sorry I didn't realize it wasn't available for BlackBerry, my bad. Like is said below I'd just use wifi while in the states, from what I hear wifi is very widely available in the US so you should be able to find it pretty easy. Your other option is like John said and have your phone unlocked and use a pay as you got type service while there. It really depends on just how long your there to what is worth the money you'll pay for either choice, if your going to be there for a week I'd just connect to wifi but a few weeks might be worth the unlocking way. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 6
If you get the 40$ US Roaming Add-on I believe you get a "preferred" Data roaming rate of 1$/MB when in the US. Still pricey IMO so I'd recommend you get your device unlocked then pop in a US SIM from TMobile or AT&T.
Does the $40 US plan include BlackBerry's? From what I can tell it doesn't.
Userlevel 7
Unfortunately, it's not available for BlackBerry smartphones. Your best bet would be to just use WiFi while you're in the states to avoid huge charges.