Koodo Community
Question

Looking for my account number to transfer phone from another account to mine

Hi,

I’m new to koodo -- I just opened an internet service account; account recently switched to “active” -- and I can’t find my account number. It’s not in my self serve portal under profile, nor is it located anywhere in my active subscription menu, nor is it on my receipt. 

I want to bundle my partner’s cell phone into my koodo account; it’s currently bundled with someone else’s account, and they can’t transfer the phone number until they have my account number. I had no idea it would be so challenging to find something this simple. 
Please help! Thanks.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo Internet is a subscription service and doesn’t have an account number.

Is the end goal for you to link a mobility line with your internet plan in order to get the $21/m discount?

Thanks for your reply, Allan. The *end* goal is actually a little more complicated. I’ll explain the whole sitution because it will likely impact the advice you offer. 

An elderly person is now living with me after moving from another province. They were anxious about losing their landline number, so in May their grandchild in Ontario suggested we switched their Bell landline to a koodo cell phone, which we did. However, they’re having a great deal of difficulty learning to use the cell phone, so we need to get them the wireless home phone option https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/wireless-home-phone. It appears this needs to be connected to an internet account, mine in Manitoba. I will also need to start administering their bill because they’re unable to do anything online. 

In total, there are two mobility numbers that I’d like to move to my account --- the one belonging to the person described above, and my partner’s  (they both joined Koodo on the same day, bundling with the person in Ontario who helped them switch) so I can administer both of their bills associated with their numbers, but most importantly so I can get the wireless home phone set up for the person unable to use a phone without it.   If there’s any discount available through bundling this, then yes, I’ll definitely be happy to take that as well :) The main issue, however, is that I need to be responsible for the two mobliity numbers in question, and the person currently administering them said they can’t use any of the self-service options to switch these to me without knowing what my account number is. 

I hope this provides enough information to clarify what I’m trying to achieve. thanks for your reply, so far, and please let me know if there’s any other information I can provide :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

so we need to get them the wireless home phone option https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/wireless-home-phone. It appears this needs to be connected to an internet account, mine in Manitoba.

Wireless home phone does not require you to have koodo home internet.  Wireless home phone does not even require any data.  It only uses the cellular network to provide phone services.

so we need to get them the wireless home phone option https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/wireless-home-phone. It appears this needs to be connected to an internet account, mine in Manitoba.

Wireless home phone does not require you to have koodo home internet.  Wireless home phone does not even require any data.  It only uses the cellular network to provide phone services.

Oooh! this is very good to know! Thanks. But, same question still applies to the extent that I don’t have a koodo cell phone. How can I get access to the two phone numbers I need to administer that are currently bundled into someone else’s account? Yes, bundling them into my internet to save money would also be appreciated. thanks!

And, one more question for clarification…. does this mean I can go ahead and add the wireless home phone to my cart to buy now, then just pop in the sim card of the mobile number we’re trying to adapt, even if I don’t yet have access to any of the adminstrative functions for it? Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would start by signing up with your partner’s cell service and porting them over.

Then you would need to attach your home internet service to your self serve account (on the phone side).  I’m not 100% sure how this is done as it is a more common process to have the cell plan and account and then add the home internet and it will automatically be included into your cell plan account under the subscription tab

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/shop/subscriptions/internet?INTCMP=KoodoSubscription_ProvinceSelection_ManitobaSelected_Sept2023

Thanks Dennis. My partner’s cell phone is already ported to Koodo and bundled to his son’s self serve account in Ontario. I guess what i need to do is figure how to make a separate account for that number, that I administer, then move my existing internet into that.  Both of the phone numbers I need to take over administration of are in that self serve account and we’re trying to un-link them, and we thought we could do it simply by me opening a koodo account and getting an account number…. of course, now we’re aware that account numbers aren’t assigned to internet accounts. 

Any information you can share on how to unbundle and create new admin for existing accounts would be much appreciated :) Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @saturnsays 

If the mobility numbers are already with Koodo but on a different account, then, the current account owner who is managing the lines, would need to initiate a transfer of ownership with a rep over the phone, then you will need to continue with the rep to complete the transfer. Best is if you can both be on the call at the same time (you and the current owner who is manging the mobility numbers).

A credit check would be required for it and there is also a TOWN fee, more info here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Dennis. My partner’s cell phone is already ported to Koodo and bundled to his son’s self serve account in Ontario. I guess what i need to do is figure how to make a separate account for that number, that I administer, then move my existing internet into that. 

This makes sense.  Since it is moving from Koodo to Koodo, a transfer of ownership is required to move it onto your name as a separate own independent account.  Note a $50 fee will apply

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town

Both of the phone numbers I need to take over administration of are in that self serve account and we’re trying to un-link them, and we thought we could do it simply by me opening a koodo account and getting an account number…. of course, now we’re aware that account numbers aren’t assigned to internet accounts. 

Is your elderly person also on that account with your partner’s son?

Does the elderly person already have a Koodo home phone or are both phone numbers cellular?

Any information you can share on how to unbundle and create new admin for existing accounts would be much appreciated :) Thank you!!

Is everyone ok with leaving everything on the partner’s son’s account?  Is this son able to mange things?  If so it would save a whole lot of transferring around.

Also did you really want Koodo internet?  From reviews, when it works, its great, but when there is a need to change things or issues, it is a huge headache.

For example, changing things like the internet speed plan requires cancelling and returning all the equipment and then reordering again.

Thank you for your help, Flo. We were trying to figure out how to do this in a self-service capacity, but I guess ultimately this means it’s not possible. And, can you please confirm … if we’re moving two phone numbers at the same time from the current account to mine, is there one TOWN fee, or two? Thanks! 

Thanks Dennis. My partner’s cell phone is already ported to Koodo and bundled to his son’s self serve account in Ontario. I guess what i need to do is figure how to make a separate account for that number, that I administer, then move my existing internet into that. 

This makes sense.  Since it is moving from Koodo to Koodo, a transfer of ownership is required to move it onto your name as a separate own independent account.  Note a $50 fee will apply

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town

thank you for clarifying that this is the option to pursue. 

Does the elderly person already have a Koodo home phone or are both phone numbers cellular?

Yes, the elderly person’s phone number is on my partner’s son’s account. The elderly person has a cellular number only --- their old landline was ported to koodo mobile back in May. 

Is everyone ok with leaving everything on the partner’s son’s account?  Is this son able to mange things?  If so it would save a whole lot of transferring around.

That’s a good question. The reason why it seems like I should take over is to be responsible for managing the bills on these accounts -- I feel badly asking him to take on responsibility for his parent and grandparent!  Also, we want to make sure the wireless home phone device works correctly and I have a feeling I might need admin access for this? I tried to add the device to my cart but it won’t let me purchase without adding a phone account first. 

Also did you really want Koodo internet?  From reviews, when it works, its great, but when there is a need to change things or issues, it is a huge headache.

For example, changing things like the internet speed plan requires cancelling and returning all the equipment and then reordering again.

It’s interesting you ask this because, no, I didn’t actually want koodo internet *haha*. Wild that changing speed plan requires so much hassle!! Thanks for the head’s up … hopefully we don’t end up needing to do that *fingers crossed*

I appreciate all your time and effort on this question.situation, btw! Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, the elderly person’s phone number is on my partner’s son’s account. The elderly person has a cellular number only --- their old landline was ported to koodo mobile back in May. 

You may be able to open a Koodo home phone line and then port a koodo cell number in.

Maybe a Koodo rep can confirm?

You may be able to open a Koodo home phone line and then port a koodo cell number in.

Maybe a Koodo rep can confirm?

I think the issue is that the couldn’t move a number from ontario to manitoba unless it was on a cell phone.  Thanks again for your help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@saturnsays We have verified with the support team and an option could be  for you to sign up for a wireless home phone plan (for which you will get a ramdon number) on your account, then bring the mobility number for the elderly person over to your account through the TOWN process, however, we’d recommend calling in upfront and check with the Porting Center if they would be able to switch the number from the mobility line (that you will bring over) to the Wireless Home phone number that you would activate.

If you are able to sign up for the Wirless Home phone from your current self serve account, you can do it from there. If the option is not given to you, then you’d need to create a separate self serve once you get the activation link for the Wirless Home Phone line. 

Thanks @Flo Koodo. Interestingly, I tried to add a wireless home phone device + subscription to my shopping cart, but was unable to do so --- the cart wouldn’t proceed to checkout. Today it seems to be doing that but, in the end, I think it might be easiest if we TOWN the numbers first.  I think … 

Thanks again, M.