Koodo Community
Question

long term us plan

I am staying in the US for 6 months for work and I’m wondering if Koodo offers a long term solution rather than by the day. Telus and bell offer 10-20$ a month on top of your bill to use your existing plan in the states. Please call me back I cannot get ahold of a rep through any phone number. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where did you see Bell and Telus offered “$10-20/month” for using a Canadian plan in US? If possible, can you share here?.

Koodo (and Telus) has something called easyroam for traveling to US. You could find more here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam

I have multiple coworkers who have called into bell/Telus and have gotten the deal. One coworker said the plan had to be a minimum of 95$ total after the addition of the add on. It isn’t on their website as far as I can see, but one of them just got it today. I do not want to be paying an extra 8$ a day on top of my plan. I would like to talk to a representative if possible, but there is no way to contact them. Not even an email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have multiple coworkers who have called into bell/Telus and have gotten the deal. One coworker said the plan had to be a minimum of 95$ total after the addition of the add on. It isn’t on their website as far as I can see, but one of them just got it today. I do not want to be paying an extra 8$ a day on top of my plan. I would like to talk to a representative if possible, but there is no way to contact them. Not even an email. 

They don’t use email for plan changes and things like this. Koodo current roaming plan is online there. If you think it was expensive (and I think it is expensive too), it might be a good idea to check in with your coworker.

To contact a rep, you can chat via facebook messaging or setup a callback. But they might refer you to  the online link again.

They were able to get the deal by speaking to a representative. I have messaged on Facebook with no reply. All I want to do is speak to someone to see if this is something they offer which could be done over email. It’s ridiculous that they completely closed their phone line, they could have had people work from home during this time like everyone else. I will be cancelling my plan as soon as possible, it’s unacceptable for a company to have no way to contact them for months on end. They’re live chat is useless unless you have very simple questions. 

How do you set up a callback? I haven’t found it anywhere in their website .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you coworkers with Telus? Telus might have different plans. As I mentioned earlier, contact Telus or Bell of your coworker and see. It might save your time wondering around. You could also search the forum for similar posts.

Don’t call the 866 number. Not everyone has the luxury of working from home like you could. If you expect someone to pick up the phone instantly, you might want to move to their 1st tier carrier Telus.

Anyway, did you try to setup a callback using their digital assistant? www.koodo.com/chat Facebook is the best option as the rep  were more experienced. It isn’t a “live” chat so you have to wait.

I meant work from home like other companies are doing for their call centers, not that I was working from home. A company shouldn’t be unavailable for months on end. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I meant work from home like other companies are doing for their call centers, not that I was working from home. A company shouldn’t be unavailable for months on end. 

Which cellular company? I just called Fido (their competitor), their  1 (888) 481-3436 was not even available in my area.

Koodo staff is still available (you can read through the forum). If you need someone to call back, try their digital assistant. The digital assistant is the main way to interact with Koodo. (even before the covid 19 pandemic)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo does not offer what you want. Telus has a Canada- US plan for approximately the price you quote, but it is a 2 year contract to have it. They recover the additional costs by the length of the service contract. 

Userlevel 7

Koodo does not offer what you want. Telus has a Canada- US plan for approximately the price you quote, but it is a 2 year contract to have it. They recover the additional costs by the length of the service contract. 

It is not a 2-year contract unless you want a new phone. They already make too much money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Many snowbirds opt for a ~$45 US a month prepaid plan offered by the US majors (Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T) that will get you ~8 GB of data + unlimited calling (including Canada as an add-on). No long-term commitment or credit check required.

You will have to check their current offerings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is $8 per day up to a max of $100 per billing period.  Is the Bell/Telus $95 per billing period?