Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lightweight Plans

Why can't I change my plan to the 53 dollar lightweight plan? I'm currently on the 60 dollar plan, I have no outstanding tab and I've been a Koodo customer for years. I'm not on the spending limit program. I'm frustrated that I'm paying seven dollars more a month for no reason.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Virginia, you should be able to just chose the plan via self serve. You'd need to login first and then choose your new plan. Have you already tried that?
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Virginia, you should be able to just chose the plan via self serve. You'd need to login firs...

Hello Chad, and thank you for your reply 🙂 Yes, I have tried to change my plan through the self-serve. I receive a message saying that I am unable to do so because either: I have been a customer less than three months, I have not paid down my tab, or I am on the spending limit program. None of these are the case, which led to my frustration. I'm planning on calling customer service when they are open next, and perhaps they can shed light on this. I appreciate your suggestion though!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Saturday Night is often when system maintenance happens. There apparently is a lot of work happening on the site with all the plan changes mid-April, but now we're 2 months into it. If it still doesn't work for you, just try again tomorrow during the day. Otherwise, call 611, explain that the site is cranky and get them to do the change for you.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Saturday Night is often when system maintenance happens. There apparently is a lot of work happen...

System maintenance hadn't occurred to me (I would have expected the message to just say "error" in that case) but it is worth trying again online before calling customer service. I'll do that, thank you for your suggestion!
Userlevel 3
Hey Virginia,

Have you succeeded changing you plan?

Keep us posted!
I called customer service today and had my plan changed quickly and easily. Reminds me why I've stayed with koodo all these years. I appreciate all the help!
Userlevel 7
Virginia Beattie wrote:

I called customer service today and had my plan changed quickly and easily. Reminds me why I've s...

Did customer service give you some reason you had trouble?