Koodo Community
Question

Koodo will NOT offer it's existing customers the Bonus 1GB Data on Black Friday

Show first post

141 replies

Userlevel 1
He's an authorized dealer from what I gather, so he is still a representative of Koodo though not directly. I'd still be reconsidering whether that's the voice you want people associating with your brand.
That's the reason I don't and won't ever sign up for a 2 years contract. I love Koodo, I really do, but if they won't give me that extra gb, then I'm just gonna go with Virgin or Fido (and btw they give a 2 years membership to Spotify).

I don't win anything to stay with Koodo with this "only new customer promo" crap, so bye bye, won't miss you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I hope that this entire fiasco results in valuable lessons for Koodo (and for that matter, Virgin and Fido).

Having these promos for new customers and phone upgrades only will not endear the carrier to its loyal customers. It doesn't matter that the competition also places these limits - switching is easy and immediate. I for one certainly wouldn't bother with spending my time holding with customer service with a hope that they'll make an exception or bother with cancelling and reactivating (and losing my number in the process). Not when simply switching providers is the easier option.
Userlevel 7
I hope that this entire fiasco results in valuable lessons for Koodo (and for that matter, Virgin...I'm glad that switching is such an easy option, especially now when you get to keep your number. Carriers are still offering these deals is if whoever is with them are locked in and can't change without paying off a huge bill. It's not the case anymore, especially now that people just buy a phone online and bring it to the carrier, no one is locked in to anyone. If promos are better elsewhere, people go elsewhere especially that in most cases the user keeps their number. 

I hope Koodo and other companies takes this past weekend and see that people will just leave right away if they can get the deal you don't want to give them elsewhere. Old promos like this worked in the past when people had cancellation fees or high tabs, but now you are never locked in to any carrier. They need to come up with a new way to offer promos that please their existing customers and encourage new ones to join in as well.
Userlevel 5
I hope that this entire fiasco results in valuable lessons for Koodo (and for that matter, Virgin...5-6 years is to long. complacency has set in on both sides.
My buddy has a fido phone.  I told him to call in and ask about the extra GB on his plan based on this article.  He got it plus they knocked 5 bucks off his plan for the next 6 months.  Mind blown at his experience vs mine with Koodo.  Thanks to those that mentioned that Fido did this for existing customers my buddy thanks you.
My buddy has a fido phone.  I told him to call in and ask about the extra GB on his plan bas...Fidos coverage sucks compared to what Koodo's is. You all are switching to a poor service, no wonder why they are doing everything they can to get customers. The joke is on you all.
Userlevel 5
My buddy has a fido phone.  I told him to call in and ask about the extra GB on his plan bas...Depends where you live and work. So joke is on you!
My buddy has a fido phone.  I told him to call in and ask about the extra GB on his plan bas...You would like to think that!
Userlevel 5
My buddy has a fido phone.  I told him to call in and ask about the extra GB on his plan bas...No actually you can read on the Koodo Community. Koodo customers, complaining about no reception. Or complaint they can only use phone outside.....and so and so on.
My buddy has a fido phone.  I told him to call in and ask about the extra GB on his plan bas...John while Koodo has a wider coverage, everywhere that I go I only get a low reception. Every time I have a 5 bars connection, I always think I'm tripping. I can't speak for Fido tho, but as long as I'll get at least a 1 bar connection, it won't be worst than Koodo.