Koodo Community
Question

Koodo will NOT offer it's existing customers the Bonus 1GB Data on Black Friday

Userlevel 2
Seems Koodo doesn't want to keep their existing customers by allowing them the added bonus offer .Fido existing customers can change their present plan to the special offer one ( big thread about it on RFD).Guess I'll move my business there .

141 replies

Userlevel 1
I guess Koodo got it all wrong thinking customers will stay only because of service...Competitive price is as important as service
I guess Koodo got it all wrong thinking customers will stay only because of service...Competitive...I just want to Thank Koodo for assisting me.
I called in, spoke to an agent who confirmed the Black Friday plan was only for new customers or those existing customers who are upgrading their phone.

I explained that I love Koodo and did not want to move to a competitor but that I would unless I could obtain the 49.00 1GB (plus 1 extra GB) deal - (and that I did not need to upgrade my phone).
I had to push a bit to get transferred to their retention person, but eventually got connected with a gentleman in that department.

I discussed with him that I am loyal to Koodo and believe in the Koodo Brand and Value (which is the honest truth) - and that the *last* thing I wanted to do was leave to get this Black Friday deal from a competitor, but that it was completely unfair to existing customers to deny them this deal.

After our discussion, he said that they WOULD be willing to change my plan accordingly, but that they are only willing to do so with "select" accounts, and as an exception only.
(I suspect that was his way of telling me that they really don't want to do this, but will do so if one is extremely dissatisfied at not being able to obtain the new deal.)

In any event, he explained to me that they would set me up on the 49.00 plan (1GB), and then send my file to a different department who would then (manually) process my account to then add the extra 1GB to my plan.
He advised me that it would take about 1 week to process by that department, and that I would receive an email from them once this has been completed.

So, all in all, I am very pleased to have been provided what, honestly, should have been available to all customers - but in any event - the end result has me very satisfied.

My old plan:  50.00, (plus 10% off BYOD), 1GB, 1000min = (50 x 0.9) x 1.13 = 50.85
*NEW plan:  49.00, 1GB (+1 GB extra), unlim min = 49 x 1.13 = 55.37
So, for an upgrade to 2GB and unlimited minutes, I pay an extra 4.52

THANK-You, Koodo !!
This works well for me.
🙂
I guess Koodo got it all wrong thinking customers will stay only because of service...Competitive...Of course not, cause all Koodo cares about is $$.
I guess Koodo got it all wrong thinking customers will stay only because of service...Competitive...Name one company that doesn't care about $?

Userlevel 5
I guess Koodo got it all wrong thinking customers will stay only because of service...Competitive...Koodo ran the offer that excluded customers and then allowed only certain excluded customers, to be included without meeting the offers eligibility standards. Koodo Happy!
I guess Koodo got it all wrong thinking customers will stay only because of service...Competitive...That happened at Telus and it happens everywhere. Call it what you will be it loyalty retention or something else. Some people deserve to get the extra service, perhaps they were a long time customer or they were respectful or whatever it may be. Then you have people that want want want and take take take. If you don't like what you got deal with it or move on. I want a million dollars and I know no bank is going to just give it to me just because I say so and have some twisted sense of entitlement. If you ask and things don't work out for you then show some self respect and integrity and don't act like a whiny little baby.
Userlevel 5
I guess Koodo got it all wrong thinking customers will stay only because of service...Competitive...Sqeeky wheel, gets the grease. Koodo makes it easy to leave. Rep put me on hold 4 times, before he got approval to get me out, 20days into 90day wait period. Only down side, unlock came in same time Fido closed.
Userlevel 2
Koodo is also at a disadvantage since Fido also offers 2 free years of Spotify .
Userlevel 1
and Fido has 10% off when you add 2nd line...trust me it adds up.
Userlevel 5
and Fido has 10% off when you add 2nd line...trust me it adds up.10% off the second phone check out data packages, less that Rogers What's Telus do for Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade their phones. No differently than Fido. This is off their website: "It’s Black Friday, Get 1GB DATA BONUS.For: New customers and those looking to upgrade their phone."
Userlevel 1
Just saw this. I'm really disappointed that Koodo decided not to offer this to existing customers.

Userlevel 2
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade t...I dont need to upgrade my phones .....too late anyways
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade t...Ok Koodo, see you later. I guess you don't appreciate new activations as much as new customers. Time to be a new customer somewhere else
Userlevel 2
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade t...Honestly Bernard... I have friends on Fido calling in and switching to their Black Friday plan, without any issue at all.

Let's do what's right for your "loyal" customers, not just shareholders... some of us are both. 😉
Userlevel 5
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade t...SMOOTH MOVE BERNARD!

Koodo sent out all those texts 3 weeks ago for the upgrade specials and now you come out with this plan?

Plan available to VALUED CUSTMERS ONLY who up grade NOW DURING THIS LIMITED TIME ONLY OFFER ?
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade t...I think everyone should give the Koodo team a call. Maybe they can help satisfy you and I know a lot of their call volume is related to this new offer. I was able to switch with no issues and save 72 dollars a year on my bill. Not bad.

Anyway, you have some leverage in the situation because Fido and Virgin have the exact plans plus their added value features of movie tickets and spottily. 
Userlevel 2
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade t...Allow me to say this:
I pay $176 Every 90 days, get Unlim Can-US Talk, Unlim Global Txt, 6 Gigs Data, When it comes to Music, I prefer MP3 YT Music, and I have awesome Service. Koodo: Well, Too much Indigestion. Nothing like the Pink stuff to sort out the heartburn of Carrier promos and ugly fees
Userlevel 5
Guys, the bonus offer is available to new activations and existing customers wanting to upgrade t...@ Nith Mano After all the years with Koodo and I have to beg, threaten, grovel, like a dog for a 1G of data? Why be subject to emotional scaring, when you can leave on top with the HAPPY HAPPY KOODO EXIT?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Bernard Having family with Fido I must say they can switch even if not "new customer"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Bernard Having family with Fido I must say they can switch even if not "new customer"Indeed. No different than us. As long as existing customers upgrade their phones they can get the bonus gig.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Bernard Having family with Fido I must say they can switch even if not "new customer"My family did not upgrade nor buy anything in order to qualify. I know I'm not related to Koodo and can switch, which will give me the bonus GB. But I love Koodo and been a long time customer and saying that everyone could benefit from this being open to all
Hello Bernard Having family with Fido I must say they can switch even if not "new customer"Amazing!!! Koodo has truly taken a new direction in their customer retention program by offering someone loyal only to saving money a better offer than someone loyal to them. Not looking for special treatment.....only equal.
Foolish to think it was anything different than other companies & has now shown just that. Not different at all, as it is follows all the other companies promotional programs, targeting primarily new customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Bernard Having family with Fido I must say they can switch even if not "new customer"Existing customers upgrading to a new phone on the tab are also eligible.
Hello Bernard Having family with Fido I must say they can switch even if not "new customer"Bernard,

That falls under new customers I think, as you will reward me for spending money on a NEW phone. I'm happy with my phone, not so happy with Koodo today. I understand it's business but it seems a bit dirty.

It is a segregated phone plan, only for the shiny new customers.