Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo vs Wind Mobile

I'm headed to the US for two months, Wind mobile is offering an unlimited phone, text, and data plan for both Canada and the US for $39/month (details found here: https://www.windmobile.ca/phone-plan-39). I currently have a $30 plan with your company and to add-on a US package would mean adding $15 per month. Does your company have anything that compares to Wind's plan?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
At the present time they do not. Wind has decided to compete heavily in this area (us roaming) since their Canadian network can't compete with the big three here.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

At the present time they do not. Wind has decided to compete heavily in this area (us roaming) si...

WIND offers unlimited US roaming because T-Mobile is not asking ridiculous amounts for very little data to let WIND customers roam on their network. Unlike our greedy Big 3.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

At the present time they do not. Wind has decided to compete heavily in this area (us roaming) si...

Just a quick fyi: Wind has agreements with AT&T ( & some smaller regional carriers) as well. It's not just T-Mobile. As far as very little data, customers are still allowed 5gb at full (non lte) speed and then throttled at 2G after. Domestic roaming here is a joke and I long for the day the CRTC steps in and really does something for the Canadian cellular consumer instead of the feel good self back patting they did last time. I like your edit btw.
Userlevel 6
It may not worth the switch to Wind for that alone. Their canadian service is still really inferior from dropped calls to coverage issues. Been there done that. If you already going to unlock your phone you may as well just pick up a SIM from one the US phone companies while you are down there. Just as easy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

It may not worth the switch to Wind for that alone. Their canadian service is still really inferi...

Coverage, yes. But I've had no more dropped calls on Wind than I have on all 3 incumbent networks.
Userlevel 7
Or just unlock and use wind for the usa. If you're going to be gone two months then wind would be a great alternative to the prepaid offerings.