Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo Spam Call

• 20 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I got a call from what I assume was Koodo, as that's what popped up on my screen. My phone, however, marked it as a potential scam. The phone number that called me was 1 (833) 348-3589.

The rep had my name and some information that was on my account, so I'm leaning towards it not being a scam. I was offered some deals for Black Friday, and settled for a new tablet and data plan.

The fact that I'm not seeing any changes on my account (as they mentioned that the new sim/plan would be activated) or have not received any emails has me wondering about the validity of the call though.

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 20 November 2020, 01:35

@MasterSpade I can assure your the call was totally legit. Not a scam. I see an order number on your account for the tablet.  An email confirmation should have been sent. I assume you checked you “junk” folder, sometimes the restrictions on one’s email setting may lad things there. 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It could be legit.

If you did sign up with a tablet and a plan, did you get any confirmation or order number?

Did you give any personal info during your call?

Nothing outside of the usual pin confirmation. As I mentioned, I phished around a bit for information relating to my own personal account from them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nothing outside of the usual pin confirmation. As I mentioned, I phished around a bit for information relating to my own personal account from them.

A pin is important info.  Did you get an order or confirmation number?

Also, no confirmation number. Didn't think to ask as they said I would receive an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, no confirmation number. Didn't think to ask as they said I would receive an email.

Ok.  Lets have Koodo check just to make sure and possibly get you your order number as well.

Can you please send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MasterSpade I can assure your the call was totally legit. Not a scam. I see an order number on your account for the tablet.  An email confirmation should have been sent. I assume you checked you “junk” folder, sometimes the restrictions on one’s email setting may lad things there. 

Thank you for the quick response. I have thoroughly checked my email, spam included. No such email.