Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo promotions - are there any coming up?

I had to switch away from Koodo because the coverage was too poor in the summer (network was too busy and I was on the edge of range, so I couldn't get service). I want to switch back (our experience with Koodo was always good, and we wouldn't have switched if we didn't have to!), but the plans are way higher than we used to pay! I'm waiting for a promotion before we switch back... how long will I have to wait?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
They're not "way" higher... keep in mind that there is now a 15% contribution from Koodo towards your Tab, a 24 month payoff guarantee, and new Tab options for higher subsidies. There's something for everyone. There's no plan promotions on right now and nobody will be able to tell you when there will be more, but the good news is once it does happen you can switch to any advertised plan, unlike some other carriers (Telus, Rogers, etc)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When koodo announces a promotion they have, at best a few days before every other company offers the same. In order for them to get any competitive advantage from a promotion it needs to stay under wraps until the day it starts. Keep an eye on the facebook page and koodomobile.com to find out about any promotions as they come up.
@Jonathan - Ha - I guess "way" higher is a matter of perspective and since you're not paying my bill, you'll have to accept my perspective. 🙂 Perhaps it would be better to say they are higher than I'm willing to pay and I'm not going to switch yet. In terms of numbers, if we switched today, we would pay 18% more per month compared to what we paid 6 months ago. I expected this answer, of course, but thought it was worth a try. I do see there's a "bring your own phone" promotion, but the tradeoff is no tab for your next phone. @Timo - thanks! Good suggestions, I'll do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
canis11 wrote:

@Jonathan - Ha - I guess "way" higher is a matter of perspective and since you're not payi...

I bet Jonathan is has money bags lying all over his home. He's too smart to be poor 😛
canis11 wrote:

@Jonathan - Ha - I guess "way" higher is a matter of perspective and since you're not payi...

I got unlimited Canada all the time both ways, 3gig internet for 55$ and unless they do the same deal or better, I will not recommend Koodo anymore, and that's a shame since most people of both my girlfriends family and mine listen to what I suggest them, being the most knowledgeable in technologies around...
Userlevel 7
canis11 wrote:

That's a QC plan. Make sure your region selection is set for quebec or you'll be looking at ontario plans. I'm on the 55$ as well.
Userlevel 6
They have a double data promo right now if that helps. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html