Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Price Match with Competitors

Does koodo price match other plans? In my area, Fido has a plan for $29 with 450min, 600MB data, unlimited text, evenings/weekends after 6pm, canada-wide calling, call display, voicemail. I'm okay with the plan I have now, but if they do price match, this one fits my needs better.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
I think there has been some discussion about this plan before. Im assuming its one of the Maritime plans Fido is offering. If that is the case I think the person on here before said that Koodo said they wouldn't be matching that plan. Probably because with Koodo you will still get better coverage, and a lot better customer service.
Userlevel 2
That's a pretty killer plan....
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Koodo does not match offers,, what you see on the website is what you can get, we have promotional plans with amazing rates, excellent coverage and excellent support to our clients when they need help... Our clients are first, so clients can have peace of mind, since we will be on their shoes to find proper solutions....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No carrier will match a competitor's price, but the discount brands do tend to follow suit after a major change. The only price matching policy in the mobile market here (to my knowledge) is Rogers' price matching on device prices, which isn't likely to attract many customers as their plan prices are the worst.
Userlevel 2
Ivan wrote:

No carrier will match a competitor's price, but the discount brands do tend to follow suit after ...

It's around, it's just not advertised. If you're on Bell/Telus/Rogers and are bothered enough about it you can get through to retentions and depending on your account standing, they'll ususally do it. It's not official policy of course, and nothing is guaranteed, but being able to leverage your business for a better deal is a nice option to have imo.
Ivan wrote:

No carrier will match a competitor's price, but the discount brands do tend to follow suit after ...

koodo offers prepaid plans of $15 texting only and $40 unlimited province talk. Why nothing in between like $30 with 150-200 day time minutes and unlimited evenings from 5 or 6 pm and weekends like Fido & virgin mobile.