Koodo Community

Community

Koodo needs bigger and better data plans!

I am one of those people that when they love what they are or involved with i want everyone else to feel the same way bout it. Me personally i don't use much data i am always on wifi 95% of the time due to the places i work and stay at. When i brag about koodo half the people are like no way but the other 50% say they way too much data and would end up paying more. I believe the majority of those people had at least a 6 GB plan and honestly the price was not bad at all for what they were getting. My idea is koodo has the best talk and text plans out there why not make their data plans unbeatable as well! Just idea which would help me out as well while i brag and try to win people over from the dark side 🙂 Thanks for reading this everyone!

9 replies

Userlevel 6
The 6gb plans come out periodically as promotional plans. Koodo had it too. They may bring it back at some point again. I guess it all depends on what their competition is doing. They have a %gb plan now in Saskatchewan.
Chris Petersens wrote:

The 6gb plans come out periodically as promotional plans. Koodo had it too. They may bring it bac...

i was about to mention they had a 6GB promotional plan, but they are knocking everyone out of the park are year round with their talk and text Canada wide plans why not with the data as well! Like i said i dont use data i am good, but its to convince those data dependent users Koodo is the way 🙂
Userlevel 7
90% of Koodo's customers use less than 1GB of data per month. I'm starting to see some more users ask for larger data plans but honestly what are people doing on their phones that they feel the need to use that much? Constant video streaming and downloads? The only way I could see this being helpful is for people in rural areas or cottage country that don't get high-speed internet (I would just recommend getting a turbo hub, tablet, or rocket stick) and need to tether it... otherwise chill out with your data! It's a luxury, not a necessity.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

90% of Koodo's customers use less than 1GB of data per month. I'm starting to see some more us...

I got a similar answer from the Videotron rep when I called to cancel my cable Internet to go to ElectronicBox. I was capped at 120GB/month back then, and when I called, he told me "But you have never gone past your monthly allowance, why do you want to leave for more geebees?" Well duh, I forced myself to stay within the 120GB to avoid paying overage (I thought it was obvious since I was at around 115GB every month). The same may be happening with Koodo customers. Hardly tempting to use your device to its full potential when you know it comes with the.gift of overage fees... I have 1GB right now and use 1GB, if I had 6 I'd use 6, and god knows how much I'd use if I had unlimited... And as many people mentioned before me, one's needs != someone else's needs.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

90% of Koodo's customers use less than 1GB of data per month. I'm starting to see some more us...

Lots of data on a phone plan isn't a need. If you want more data but less calling, go on one of the Talk + Text plans with the pay-per-use. Get a data-only flex plan from Telus and use it in a phone or HSPA tablet and use Google Voice for calling. Go outside and play a sport, even for only a little. Ride a bike. Go to the bar with some buddies. Do something else besides playing with your phone. I can't wait to spend some time outside. I've been cooped up in my basement from my job and the winter weather.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

I respect your way of spending your time Jonathan, no problem with that. However, some people have other ways to spend time that, for them, appear to be just as good and that would include myself. I don't pretend this to be a "need" as you correctly pointed out, but it's a luxury I'd like to have, and if I can have it, I'll sure do.
90% of users use less then 1GB may be correct but that's because the ones that use more dont come over to koodo. The future is more data, face time and video calling and music streaming is all supported on data now instead of strictly wifi. Everyone has different needs just trying to win more customers over.
Userlevel 2
Koodo follows what the other carriers do. As soon as Bell/Rogers have another 6GB promo (which usually happens at least once a year), koodo will offer something comparable.
I was lucky to acquire the 6gb plan when it was available, but realistically, i almost never go over 1gb. And, i'm using it very liberally. With that said though, I am paying for this data capacity, so the pay-per-use flex rates are still very reasonable, and don't cost you the "arm and a leg" for data that you may or may not use. ie. i'm paying for it and not even using it to its full capacity.