Koodo Community

Community

KOODO JOINT ACCOUNTS.

Userlevel 1
Presently, I have an account and added my wife. My wife cannot access and make changes to her Plan, only me. My idea is this. JOINT ACCOUNT requiring 2 credit checks. I have my plan and only I can make changes to my plan. My wife has her plan and only she can make changes to her plan.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Or simply authorized users like other carriers have. I agree with that idea.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Or simply authorized users like other carriers have. I agree with that idea.

Your seems to be the answer Jonhathon. So effectively it becomes a JOINT ACCOUNT de' facto, although I was striving for JOINT ACCOUNT proper.
Userlevel 2
As long as she has the pin, she can call in and make rate plan changes, or do them from Self Serve.
Userlevel 6
If you share the same log in info for self serve she can do anything on that site, no?
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

If you share the same log in info for self serve she can do anything on that site, no?

I never thought of that and dont know the answer to your question. Very Good Point.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

It was a rhetorical question Moto G.:-) the answer is yes.
Userlevel 1
Apparently not, according a post I read. The was in Edmonton and his wife in Ontario and they would not let her make changes, UNLESS he was standing there. This is what sparked my idea.
Userlevel 2
Moto G wrote:

Apparently not, according a post I read. The was in Edmonton and his wife in Ontario and they wou...

Changes, as in, activating a new phone, require the account owner. Shops no longer just do rate plan changes. The wife could of made the changes on self serve or call in with the security pin.
Userlevel 1
Moto G wrote:

Apparently not, according a post I read. The was in Edmonton and his wife in Ontario and they wou...

Good Point Myke. What I read was that she went in and was told that ONLY her husband could make changes, as account was in his name. This is where my idea of Joint Account came from.
Userlevel 3
Good idea, except I disagree with the second credit check proposal. It should not be required. The primary/principal holder has already demonstrated their credit status, and will be held accountable for any joint charges incurred. Jonathan has it correct IMO.
Userlevel 2
Bill Melater wrote:

Good idea, except I disagree with the second credit check proposal. It should not be required...

As long as the caller has the pin, they can access the account and make most changes.
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

Good idea, except I disagree with the second credit check proposal. It should not be required...

Good point Myke. But when I call in they ask my name and pin. So if my wife called in with a female voice giving a male name, it MAY set off a bell, for an Eagle Ear CSR. Or not.
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

Good Point Bill. I only suggested this point, thinking in terms of Koodo Owner. I would not want someone "sneaking in" bad credit risk that drives up the bill ( not you Bill...lol) and flocking off.
Userlevel 2
Bill Melater wrote:

@Moto G, When a caller calls in, they are asked for the cell pho0ne number/account number, Account Owner name, & the security pin. If the caller does not know the security pin, they are then asked their own name. If it's not the account owner, then we request that they either get the security pin from the account owner or have the account owner call in to verify the account. If they do know the security pin, then they can do most changes. The things they can do is suspend/cancel, request town and a couple of other things.
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

Ohhhh. OK. So with my PIN # can my wife go to Mobile Shop and/or Koodo Kiosk and put a small tab phone on HER account?
Userlevel 2
Bill Melater wrote:

When it comes to the store, the account owner must be there. Your wife could call in and get access to the account with the PIN.
Userlevel 3
@ All Koodo rep's here: Are you going to do anything to get these necessary changes proposed/implemented? If so, when?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

@ All Koodo rep's here: Are you going to do anything to get these necessary changes proposed...

Not any time soon, at the very least. I mean, this idea was posted 17 hours ago. These kinds of changes don't happen overnight (if Koodo does decide to implement - which I deem highly unlikely in this situation).
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

@ All Koodo rep's here: Are you going to do anything to get these necessary changes proposed...

Ivan, I was reading some previous thread on it, and figured you guys have thrown it around for more than 17 hrs. My mistake. Thought I would try to "nudge" the issue a little. Many times, as you know. People have great ideas, but they never get implemented because nobody takes charge. I hope it will at least get a proposal. It really doesn't warrant much discussion. If the big 3 do it.....Koodo need to follow suit. Just because Koodo is a more cost effective choice when it comes to plans, doesn't mean it only caters to low income/status individuals or families. 😉 I should not have to be present for my wife to purchase a phone on my account. In all honesty, that's just plain silly. If she has been authorized by the principal account holder(me), that should be all Koodo needs to complete any transaction..
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

I think there is something wrong with the Idea Bill that WE are unaware. Otherwise, why would it not have been, implemented before? Maybe it does not fit, Koodo Business Model in that if they " do everything the big 3 does" what would set Koodo apart?
Maybe Koodo waits X amount of time and monitors, for a repetitive Idea/Theme during that time, before they investigate the merits.
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

I understand that Koodo probably does not have the resources that some others have, and they want to stand apart, .......but when it comes to proven "processes" there really shouldn't be any reason to not implement them. I believe that this issue probably has been addressed within boardrooms, and there is most likely some type of "competition clause" in place which prohibits Koodo from making certain changes. Remember..........Telus doesn't want all their premium clients jumping ship!!!!!
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

Well whatever it is, is working well with the profits they all rake in and reinvest. I'd like to post an idea that they run all branches, of all levels, of all Canadian governments....to eliminate all the red ink.....lol
Userlevel 2
Bill Melater wrote:

Bill, this isn't an issue. It's security of the account. Koodo's policy does not allow for non-Account owners to be at the store and purchase phones/send phones in for repair without the account owner there.
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

I can see the joint account flaw now, in what you just posted Myke. Why have the 2 or more phones on one plan now, if everyone can make any change they want, when they want, including purshases, because essentially that ammouts to Seperate, stand alone accounts, under 1 bill. So really having sounded good in the beginning and putting it into the forum for discussion, i/we can see, why this has not already been implemented.
Userlevel 2
Bill Melater wrote:

I can understand why you posted the suggestion, but having seen the numerous fraud issues, I tend to be a stickler for security.