Koodo Community

Community

Koodo is not Honoring their offer $60 - 10GB -

after spending hours on hold - Koodo agreed to offer me $60-10GB - I still wanted to speak to retention as Freedom was offering it for $50. Waited another hour to speak to Liz. They told me after all this was an error and that they do not offer it anymore. She brushed me off and said they will listen to the call and call me back in 2 days but cannot do anything about it. That is terrible service. I feel disrespected and brushed off. This experience it terrible.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From the reported conversation, I thought they did honor the 60$ 10GB.
But you wanted $50 for 10GB with the retention. Honestly, this is a case of wrong negotiation tactics. You were the one who threatened to quit to Freedom. Now they let you go, you should be happy.
Userlevel 6
Did you check the included features on the $50 plan Freedom is offering? It is not identical to the $60 plan Koodo offered.

It comes with unlimited incoming call but not outgoing, you have to pay 5 cents per minute to call out. The $60 plan Koodo offered comes with unlimited incoming and outgoing call. On Freedom, they are only offering 250mb of the same Canadian coverage as Koodo.

I have to call you out on this, you got greedy. Koodo already gave you the $60 plan with 10 gigs and unlimited incoming and unlimited outgoing. If you really feel like the Freedom plan suits you more, then you have that option. But have fun paying 5 cents per minute for every call you make with Freedom. As well as, way smaller coverage. Freedoms customer service is rated way lower than Koodo. So if you get charged $$$ for using more than your included roaming plan, you’ll be thinking at switching again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not sure if I follow James....we never said we would offer the 10gb deal for $50. It wasn't an error. That never existed.  
Bernard wrote:

Not sure if I follow James....we never said we would offer the 10gb deal for $50. It wasn't an er...

they offered the $60 for 10gb - pls see the comments or listen to the call from Andreas
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Not sure if I follow James....we never said we would offer the 10gb deal for $50. It wasn't an er...

Based on memos on your account you called in on the 21st James, 2 days after the promo has expired.