Koodo Community

Koodo Increases Plan Price?

Userlevel 3
If true, there goes Koodo’s reputation. 😂 What is next? Changing the Tab system? 👌

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So is it a Koodo account? (another edit: sorry, missed some of the replies above which confirmed it already) If so I'd be disappointed... but what can you do.... (well except what I did: use as little as possible on the cheapest prepaid plan) 😥

It's a shame that when data and phone calls are clearly getting cheaper, when the infrastructure is basically in place by now, they jack up the prices instead of lowering them!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ouch!!

Out of curiosity, what do you get with your current plan (soon to be jacked up with $5)?

Edit: wait, it says Public Mobile. As far as I know, Koodo has not upped their prices (yet)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Bernard Koodo, thought Koodo didn't jack up prices...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They picked a weird plan to increase. But definitely disappointing to see
Userlevel 3
They picked a weird plan to increase. But definitely disappointing to see
Looks like they are hitting even more plans.🤣

"To continue supporting our network enhancements, your rate plan of $40/month will increase to $43/month, effective May 1, 2019.

With this in mind, we’d like to offer you an option to switch to another great plan. Get 2 GB of Shock‑Free®️ data with unlimited Canada‑wide minutes and messaging (text and picture)1 for $45 a month. This offer will only be available until May 31, 2019.

Text 2GB45 to 5241 by May 31, 2019, to switch to this new plan. It may take up to 7 days to process, but don’t worry, you’ll get a text alert from us when the change gets applied to your account."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Actually I am curious if former PM customers will indeed be affected in terms of losing some extra features whether they switch or not to the special offer.

Can any Koodo rep confirm it?

What extra feature are you thinking about?
Userlevel 4
Hi to All in despair,

It is a kind of The Milestone for Koodo that have had for a very long time the bragging rights and reputation of not hiking prices for its Legacy Customers, unlike competitors, but that reputation had been recently shuttered.

People are staying for different reasons but for some, bragging about, that your provider do not hike prices became enough reason to stay.

It seems for me that Koodo decided to release those customers and indirectly has been telling them: “go and explore the world out there monopolized by Canadian Telecoms”. Don’t despair there is Telus, Bell and Rogers and its sub brands out there, Good Luck, Good Luck my friends do not despair.

We are giving you freedom.

"Choose 😶"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi to All,

As some of you may know because you have received such an E-mail already, Koodo sends E-mails to its Legacy Users about price hikes that will start at the beginning of May this year. The bad news is especially for former Public Mobile users who after increase going to be losing “data block” and “call forwarding” feature inherited from PM.

Where is that stated?
Userlevel 4

Hi Robert,

I talked to life agent and she told me what is going to happen to Legacy and Former PM customers.

Regards
@Jan Hope - customers impacted by this price change, who previously had data block and/or call forwarding features grandfathered from their old PM plan, will continue to keep those services. If they choose a different plan - like the promotion offered to them - then the features and inclusions of that new plan will apply.

Thanks Ranjan for confirmation. I spoke a few minutes ago to live agent from Koodo and this time he confirmed that increase is unavoidable and only you lose some features if you switch to the promotional or a different plan.
Badge +4
You better jump on that offer 😂
Userlevel 3
You better jump on that offer 😂
Yeah, what a great deal, but that is not my screenshot. 😭
Here is a screenshot from me if you are curious.

Userlevel 3
Ouch!!

Out of curiosity, what do you get with your current plan (soon to be jacked up with $5)?

Edit: wait, it says Public Mobile. As far as I know, Koodo has not upped their prices (yet)?

That colour scheme and the mention of Shock-Free data show that it is from Koodo. I guess it is for a different Koodo line they have.
Badge +4
Ouch!!

It's not his screenshot. I imagine(guessing) it's the lowest Quebec plan.

$25 per month
+ applicable monthly tab charge
100 Canada-wide anytime minutes
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)1
Unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm)2
Available for Quebec residents only3
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling4
Additional data $10/100 MB; additional talk rates $0.60/min.
$35 connection fee (including SIM card) applies when purchased in store
$0 connection fee (including SIM card) when you order online!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aw geez oh man.

The tab system has already had a major overhaul.
Userlevel 3
@Bernard Koodo, thought Koodo didn't jack up prices...
Koodo in February: "Deal or more deal!" 🤗🤑
Koodo in March: "Pay more or pay even more!" 🤑🤑
Userlevel 4
Hi to All,

So people receiving E-mails with the first screenshot but from koodo. When they switched from Public Mobile many years ago they were promised to retain all extra features like free unlimited call forwarding and obviously koodo had a reputation not to increase prices for grandfathered plans.

Now it is a game changer because koodo is going to increase the price and for those from PM there will eliminate free call forwarding feature regardless whether they switch to $35 or remain with $30
Userlevel 4
Actually I am curious if former PM customers will indeed be affected in terms of losing some extra features whether they switch or not to the special offer.

Can any Koodo rep confirm it?
Userlevel 4
Hi Robert,

I am talking specifically about call forwarding totally free and unlimited minutes. Koodo consider that as an add on. Data block suppose to be free for former PM customers, as well.
Userlevel 4
If true, there goes Koodo’s reputation. 😂 What is next? Changing the Tab system? 👌

Unfortunately it is true but It seems to me, there is no such an outrage about it. Are there any former PMs left on Koodo?😶
Userlevel 3
Unfortunately it is true but It seems to me, there is no such an outrage about it. Are there any former PMs left on Koodo?😶

It seems Koodo is only targeting people with plans that don't have much data. They are likely seniors or other people who don't go on the internet very much, who probably won't even notice their price increased. If Koodo had targeted the $60 10 GB plans, it would have been much different. $5 increase on a $25 plan is 20%. That would have been a $12 increase on the $60 plan. Even greedier than TELUS' $10 increase. For now, Koodo still gets to keep the "Choose Happy" face with this ploy.
Userlevel 4
Hi to All,

As some of you may know because you have received such an E-mail already, Koodo sends E-mails to its Legacy Users about price hikes that will start at the beginning of May this year. The bad news is especially for former Public Mobile users who after increase going to be losing “data block” and “call forwarding” feature inherited from PM.
Userlevel 4
Robert T
[quote=Robert T][/quote]
[quote=Jan Hope][/quote]Hi to All,
Where is that stated?

Hi Robert,

I talked to life agent and she told me what is going to happen to Legacy and Former PM customers.

Regards
Userlevel 4
Robert T
[url-custom=https://community.koodomobile.com/members/robert-t-5365002][/url-custom]
[url-custom=https://community.koodomobile.com/members/robert-t-5365002][/url-custom]Hi to All,As some of you may know because you have received such an E-mail already, Koodo sends E-mails to its Legacy Users about price hikes that will start at the beginning of May this year. The bad news is especially for former Public Mobile users who after increase going to be losing “data block” and “call forwarding” feature inherited from PM.
Where is that stated?
Hi Robert,

Regards

Unless, it is a best kept secret by Koodo. May be some indeed may not notice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Robert,

Regards

@Jan Hope - customers impacted by this price change, who previously had data block and/or call forwarding features grandfathered from their old PM plan, will continue to keep those services. If they choose a different plan - like the promotion offered to them - then the features and inclusions of that new plan will apply.