Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Friends With Benefits Contest

Hi Koodo - I was the second place winner of the Koodo Friends With Benefits contest and am trying to get the prize issuance resolved. I am supposed to receive one year free service but the Telus store in my town doesn't know anything about it. And I seem to be getting nowhere with anyone at Koodo so far. Can someone help me in how I can claim the prize I was awarded?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only thing I can find is from 3 years ago.

http://whatsnew.koodomobile.com/2012/01/friends-with-benefits-2/

Is this the contest?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Where was this from who held this contest exactly, I've never heard of this and would love to enter such a contest?
the marco corporation contacted me, i filled out the declaration and they declared me the winner. I received the phone with no SIM card and no info on how to activate it. Any contact with Telus comes up with no resolution. i still have not received my one year free service on Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SerenaDebolt wrote:

the marco corporation contacted me, i filled out the declaration and they declared me the winner....

Who sent you the phone? contact the Marco Corp since Telus seems to know nothing about it and the Marco Corp was the one holding this contest.
SerenaDebolt wrote:

the marco corporation contacted me, i filled out the declaration and they declared me the winner....

marco corporation is a fulfilment company that Telus/Koodo was using. They did not hold the contest, Koodo did.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SerenaDebolt wrote:

What phone did you receive?
No, it was Koodo holding the contest. marco corp is the fulfilment company that Telus/Koodo uses to manage the fulfilment of prizes. So ultimately, Koodo just needs to confirm with Marco Corp and then activate a phone for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well we have Koodo head office looking into it for you and either one of us or a Koodo Employee will respond back when we have an answer.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Well we have Koodo head office looking into it for you and either one of us or a Koodo Employee w...

Hi Paul - any word yet on this? I just called Customer Service and they told me "Koodo had no such contest" LOL!!! If they would have just Googled it, they would have found so much information on it like you did above 🙂 I have the screenshots during the contest when I was in first place but then got beat out by the guy from Alberta for first place. Second place was ok too!

Thanks Paul. The name of the lady at Marco corp is Lee-Ann Borman - she has my declaration papers if you need them. They lay out the stipulations of the prize, and all legal wording.