Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo EasyRoam in Cuba? Does it actually include my unlimited Canada Calling and 4GB data?

• 17 September 2018
  • 4 replies

I've read over Koodo's site many times now in regards to EasyRoam https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam but even trying to read the fine details I can't seem to find out what amount of data, voice and texting is allowed in that 24hr period.

We will use my Koodo phone which is unlimited calling Canada wide and 4GB of data. So does this mean we’d have access to unlimited calling from Cuba to Canada? Seems to be a lot of calling and data available for a place like Cuba where we know internet and voice can be expensive.

Tried to call Koodo to get a clear answer but after being on hold for 40mins I had to hang up.
icon

Best answer by Philosoraptor 17 September 2018, 20:06

I've used Easy Roam in Cuba. It's excellent if you want to talk and text to Canada. 3G service was non existent where I was (rural Camaguey) and is typically better in larger cities.

For Internet access, I recommend the prepaid ETECSA WiFi cards (1 CUC/hr, remember to sign out to conserve remaining time).
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Now if Koodo had a flat rate for say 10 days up to $40 I would have just paid for that without question. I think they will make less money with the $12 per day.

Profit, of course, depends on what the international carrier charges Koodo to provide the service.
A quick update. So while in Cuba last week twice we needed to use the easyroam package for stuff that came up at home. Every other day we just picked up internet cards which were $1 CUC per hour. So we used maybe one each day.

When we needed to use the cell phone we just took the phone off of airplane mode then it picked up on CubaCell. Reception was great and surprisingly so was data. So for each time we used it we used it for the full 34hrs then put the phone back to airplane mode right before the 24hr was up.

Didn't have any data/3G issues or phone reception. We used it both at the report lobby, our room and right on the beach where we place video calls back home.

Will confirm on the next cell phone bill that it used my wife regular cell plan from home and just got charged the extra $12 per day.

Now if Koodo had a flat rate for say 10 days up to $40 I would have just paid for that without question. I think they will make less money with the $12 per day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've used Easy Roam in Cuba. It's excellent if you want to talk and text to Canada. 3G service was non existent where I was (rural Camaguey) and is typically better in larger cities.

For Internet access, I recommend the prepaid ETECSA WiFi cards (1 CUC/hr, remember to sign out to conserve remaining time).
Badge +4
Yes, with Easy Roam on your account you can use your phone in Cuba just like you would at home using your plan.