Koodo Community

Community

Koodo Device Protection- Lost, stolen, damaged, out of warranty (2 year tab, but only 1 year factory warranty)

Pay a fee ($5-$15) for koodo to replace your phone if its lost, damaged, stolen or out of warranty. Keep in mind that if your phone has technical problem after one year then you still have one year of tab left to pay off. If your phone gets lost, damaged or stolen koodo will replace no questions asked.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Definitely agree!
No. Here's why: It's the customers responsibilty to keep care of their phone. Why should Koodo have to forfeit the profit of a phone just because someone "loses" their phone. A phone is just like any other item. If you lose it, then you should pay again to get it again. And the 1 year warranty, is the MANUFACTURER warranty, not Koodo's. Yes, Koodo does honor the warrant and even through in a couple of additional things(PRE for example). It should not fall onto Koodo to replace a phone that someone lost, or had stolen. Yes, it sucks, but that's life. I cannot justify a company constantly replacing a phone. An additional fee does not help with this. People WILL take advantage of this. That(among with other reasons I listed) is why I cannot ever justify a system like this.
Userlevel 7
Marcus Fenix wrote:

No. Here's why: It's the customers responsibilty to keep care of their phone. Why should Ko...

Would not the 5$ per month insurance fee cover the possible costs of a CPO replacement. Not to mention those insurance subscribers who never use the insurance would offset those who do.
Userlevel 2
Marcus Fenix wrote:

No. Here's why: It's the customers responsibilty to keep care of their phone. Why should Ko...

It's just phone insurance. Insurance companies typically in the business of losing money, quite the opposite actually. This could potentially be a cash cow for Koodo and a service that I'm sure a lot of people would take advantage of. I really don't see how offering things like this as options is detrimental in any way.
Userlevel 2
Koodo could offer this, I know Bell does for sure. However, I'm sure Koodo would classify this as a 'premium' service, which they're apparently quite against. Odd considering they're pricing themselves with the other 'premium' providers these days.
mattjs wrote:

Koodo could offer this, I know Bell does for sure. However, I'm sure Koodo would classify this a...

Well they should start offering premium services since their cheapest plan is $30 and they are no longer a budget company
Badge +4
Bell... $4/month for the Plus plan! $7/month ~ $10/month for the Premium plan! Then there's this. Replacement costs: $50 for the replacement of a phone; up to $150 for a smartphone and $249 for a premium select-smartphone. There's that word [i]premium again. A maximum of two replacements are permitted, shipping fees may apply. Your replacement will be of comparable kind and quality.
The fact that Koodo doesn't offer this and that I just got a Nexus 4 stolen has made me seriously consider switching providers.
Userlevel 5
Rob Daley wrote:

The fact that Koodo doesn't offer this and that I just got a Nexus 4 stolen has made me seriously...

At the same time though, a Nexus is $199 to order from Google, lets say it was a $150 fee to get it replaced (basing it off of Telus's quote from here http://phoneclaim.com/telus/fee). If you had it for any more than roughly 6 months you'ld pay more to get it replaced through a service like this then you would to get it from Google. Now I know that can change with other phones but the vast majority of Koodo's phones are quite cheap and a service like this almost doesn't make sense.
Userlevel 6
I would amend this idea slightly. Rather than directly offering an insurance program, Koodo could simply provide information to contact insurance companies so that customers can set up insurance for their new phones themselves, maybe even have insurance application papers in-store.
Userlevel 3
Hey Steve, Thank you for your idea. We've taken a look at it and have implemented an Extended Warranty Program at Koodo. Although the program doesn't cover lost or stolen phones, it will cover physical and water damage so long as you pay the deductible. Take a look at the complete program for full details http://koodomobile.com/en/on/extendedwarranty.shtml Hope this helps!