Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo compared to Wind

Userlevel 2
>How does Koodo's Canada-wide calling compare to WIND and Mobilicity? >With a zone-based Canada-Wide Calling option from WIND or Mobilicity you are still restricted to a zone. So while you can call to anywhere in Canada at no extra cost, the call must be placed from your 'zone', and you will pay extra per minute if you are outside of this limited area. I thought calling from ANY Wind area doesn't have long distance charges.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
The nationwide carriers' plans are pretty much all nationwide nowadays and basically, as long as you are on their network, you can call from Canada to any other Canadian telephone # and not worry about roaming/LD... just airtime. Unless you have unlimited airtime.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Indeed. Any WIND zone. Those would be the darker red areas on the Wind coverage map.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And with Wind data is exactly the same as its only unlimited within that tiny wind zone then when you go out of that zone your paying per mb on top of your plan cost already. With Koodo everything is Canada wide from anywhere in Canada to Anywhere in Canada at no extra charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

And with Wind data is exactly the same as its only unlimited within that tiny wind zone then when...

Their zones aren't exactly tiny.

And with Wind data is exactly the same as its only unlimited within that tiny wind zone then when...

hi can you tell me please which company should I select for phone services,, Now I am dealing with Fido and they are not good at all. They steal my money but politely. Now I want to change from fido but I got confused which one is better wind or koodo. Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On the whole, definitely Koodo. If you live in Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver and never leave the city, maybe Wind.

Today morning at 11:35 am I have payed my fido bill and that was around $140 for March and April. So, this cost for tow months. and Now at 8:30 pm 16/05/2014,I got a new bill and it says that I have to pay $ 219,67!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to call them and ask them why I got this amount !!!!

TO all people,, don't deal with fido because they are the worst company ever. I will stop my phone services and switch to another company.
Userlevel 7

wow that's horrible... Just a tip, be polite while you're talking to their reps about the bill because they aren't the ones that billed you, it's their system and also they are more likely to help if you are polite. 🙂