Koodo Community
Question

Koodo calling about promotions

• 4 September 2019
  • 8 replies

I have received two phone calls claiming to be from Koodo, with offers to increase my monthly data or my monthly call minutes for just $2/month .

Have others received these calls? Are they legitimate offers?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm surprised that you didn't get texts. They likely are. What all did they say? What specific offers were they?
Because texts have been how Koodo has sent me offers in the past, I was suspicious. The offer was to go from 500 minutes to unlimited minutes for just a few dollars a month. i can't recall the details of the data offer except for the price, which was $2 a month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you see same offer when you log into self serve?

Im assuming your plan is one of legacy/classic/old plan and received notification of $3/mo price increase.
In that case, they were giving you option to upgrade your plan with more data or minutes (I forgot the details) with $2 more per month.
Many people took it because same plan increased $3/mo anyway, so why not $2 extra to receive more data/minutes.

I would contact them and ask if they can send you a text again.
Yes I do have an old plan that I have not changed for years. It suits my usage, for the most part.

I do not see the same offer when I log into self serve and I have not received these offers via text, only by phone calls.

If it is legitimate, it looks like a good deal. I am not sure how to confirm this with Koodo.
It should be legitimate, I got a call last month about a data upgrade to my plan. They should also send you a text so you can rate about your call experience.

I got a text about upgrading to unlimited minutes for $2. I don't have a old plan, just the $50 4GB 500 minutes.
Thanks for the responses. This has been helpful
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes I do have an old plan that I have not changed for years. It suits my usage, for the most part.

I do not see the same offer when I log into self serve and I have not received these offers via text, only by phone calls.

If it is legitimate, it looks like a good deal. I am not sure how to confirm this with Koodo.

You can set up a call back through the bot.
And when they contact you again, you can ask them about the offer you received. - $2 more for more data or (and ) minutes. If you like it, then they should be able to switch it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or just send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it confirmed.