Koodo Community
Question

Kid wants a phone... HELP!!!

• 15 November 2012
  • 4 replies

If I add my son to my account, and get him a phone, can he have the same plan that I have of does he have to take the new plans that are offered? (my plan does not exhist anymore)

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No he would have to have a new plan the old plans are only grandfathered in for the person that has the plan. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 2
If you login to koodomobile.com on self-serve you can see all the new plans-Just remember some of the plans do not include unlimited texting;if this is of interest to you-Make sure you add the feature .Some plans only include 50 texts.
Userlevel 5
If you add your son to your account, he cannot get the same plan as you since it is not offered anymore. But you are able to receive a $25 tab discount for both of you (Koodo Friend Referral Program), receive any promotional.giftcards and get unlimited Canada-wide calling between you and your son since you guys are on the same account. However, if your son is not going to be 'talking' on his phone much, you might want to consider Koodo Prepaid. With Koodo Prepaid, base plans start at $15/month and you can add Talk and Data boosters to it. These boosters don't expire as long as you pay your base plan every month. But you will have to buy a phone outright however and you cannot receive the referral credits, unlimited calling, etc.
Userlevel 7
If you add your son to your account, he cannot get the same plan as you since it is not offered a...The referral credit is only between those NOT on the same account... You can't add a second line and get yourself a referral credit. It just doesn't work like that.