Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Keeping current plan when moving to other province

Userlevel 1
If I move to another province, will I be able to keep my existing plan or will Koodo ask me to select a new plan that is currently available at my new location?

12 replies

Userlevel 3
If your change your telephone # to a local TN # it will automatically be changed. So to keep your current price plan you'll have to keep your current #. Keep in mind anyone who calls you might get charged long distance if they call you because of where your # is based.
Userlevel 4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

If your change your telephone # to a local TN # it will automatically be changed. So to keep your...

Incorrect. The plan will not be changed when a move occurs to a different province and a number change happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

If your change your telephone # to a local TN # it will automatically be changed. So to keep your...

If they have a region specific plan they will be required to change it.
Userlevel 4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

True. None of which was mentioned so far in this thread 😛 Julien, care to shed any light as to the name of your plan?
Userlevel 1
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Thanks for all your replies 😛 I have the "1GB unlimited calls QC 45$" plan. I guess I would loose that plan if I moved to Ontario.
Userlevel 4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Yes you would. Rocky, you won this round NEXT TIME GADGET!
Userlevel 1
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Wow this is the 1st time I'm posting to this forum and I'm surprised to see how fast you answer questions guys!
Userlevel 2
Rocky Balboa wrote:

It's how we like to spend our free time 😛.
Hi Julien, koodo offer promotional plans for some provinces but in order to qualify for this plans you must live in the province , now, if you move the plan that you have will remain active and you don't have to change it. You can always check updates for plans available in the location where you're moving, you might just get a better deal 😉
Userlevel 2
Jonathan wrote:

Hi Julien, koodo offer promotional plans for some provinces but in order to qualify for this plan...

Wrong. If they move and update their information, the rate plan must be changed.
Jonathan wrote:

Hi Julien, koodo offer promotional plans for some provinces but in order to qualify for this plan...

I just moved from New Brunswick to BC. I still keep the same plan as registered in NB. If so, please advise if I have to pay any extra charge when I continue to keep New brunswick cell phone number to use in BC? Some people tell me I have to pay some charge per minute called due out of province. Please advise us. Thank you
Userlevel 7
Jonathan wrote:

Hi Doan, what plan do you have? If it is a canada wide plan, there will be no charge per minute and the plan will be the exact same as it was in New Brunswick.