Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Just got an email saying welcome to koodo prepaid... Lets get you started.

Ive been a koodo customer for the last 7 years. My plan is called CAN Talk and Text 200. I got and email today saying Welcome to Koodo Prepaid... Lets get you started. Why did I get that? Must be a mistake.

10 replies

I got this email as well. On Hold with Koodo support at the moment. Thought maybe something was changed on my account. But perhaps just a mistake?
Userlevel 1
I just got this e mail as well what is gong on
Userlevel 1
I gather quite a few people received this email. There's a couple of other threads running on the same topic.
Userlevel 2
Hey everyone, Sorry for the headache, that email was indeed a glitch. We're investigating the source right now. You can ignore the emails. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Curtis wrote:

Hey everyone, Sorry for the headache, that email was indeed a glitch. We're investigating the ...

Curtis, was this really from Koodo? It certainly looked very official but all the links in the email pointed to http://cl.s6.exct.net/ which seemed very suspicious.
Userlevel 6
Curtis wrote:

Hey everyone, Sorry for the headache, that email was indeed a glitch. We're investigating the ...

Like most companies they probably use vendor to send out their emails. Looks like the platform they use is Exact Target, hence the link names.
Userlevel 3
Curtis wrote:

Hi Paul, Rudy is correct. We use a vendor to send out messages from time to time and this is the reason the links point to exct.net. We are still looking into the cause of the original email, however, your personal information is safe and sound! We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Curtis wrote:

hello I received the same email as well except it was listed under my old phone number with all my current information and what I paid for can someone please explain to me how this could have happened what steps is taking to rectify
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtis wrote:

As stated above, the email was a system glitch, nothing has changed on your account and there is therefore nothing to rectify.
Userlevel 3
Curtis wrote:

Hi Trevor, When we send messages via email we have to update our vendor with any new information. Sometimes the data doesn't get updated and that is the most likely reason for the message being sent using old information. We've looked into this over the last couple of days and can safely confirm that the issue was not caused by any malicious activity. Thanks for your concern and consideration.