Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Just changed my plan for data and my data isn't working

What the title said. I've recently changed my plan to the $30/mo plan that gives you 100MB data. Soon as I have changed it I checked it to see if it's working but it's not. Can someone please help me out?

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check that data is turned on on your phone Toggle airplane mode Restart the phone Take the Sim out for a minute an put it back in Check out self-serve to see if the data block MMS add-on is in your account. If after all of that you still have nothing then it's likely the data block is on koodo's end. Call times are really long right now so I'd suggest going to the email us section o contact us or a private message to Koodo facebook/twitter.
Goran wrote:

Check that data is turned on on your phone Toggle airplane mode Restart the phone Take the Sim...

It's working now but I can't get my data working for various apps. It only works for safari it seems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Check that data is turned on on your phone Toggle airplane mode Restart the phone Take the Sim...

Do you have data for each individual app turned off? You can also reset network settings by going to settings ; general; reset; reset network settings. It'll wipe all wi-fi credentials and BT connections.
Goran wrote:

Idk how to do this.
Goran wrote:

I just reset my network settings what do I now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Does it work now or is it still just safari?
Goran wrote:

Doesn't work for any app
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You should go in Settings > Cellular to see if the.data is activated for all the applications
Goran wrote:

I did and I switched on use of cellular data for safari but when i shut off my wifi and try to go on to see if it works, the data doesnt work
Userlevel 7
Hi Joel, Do you have an Android or iPhone or what?
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Joel, Do you have an Android or iPhone or what?

iPhone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think he has an iPhone
Robert wrote:

I think he has an iPhone

Yes, I own an iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data Network

Check the APN values:

Userlevel 4
Hi Joel! Are you still unable to use data on your iPhone?
Daniel wrote:

Hi Joel! Are you still unable to use data on your iPhone?

Yes I am still unable to use data on my iPhone.
I am having the same problem on my Android.
Userlevel 4
Since we can't access your account here to see what might be causing this, can you send us a private message on our Official Facebook or Twitter pages? 
me too! when i first got my moto g two years ago, i asked the rep to disable my data since at the time i didn't have it as part of my plan and didn't want to accidentally use it. So now that I just got a new plan with data, i'm trying to figure out how to get it to work.
Daniel wrote:

Since we can't access your account here to see what might be causing this, can you send us a priv...

Okay.
Alicia Tymstra wrote:

me too! when i first got my moto g two years ago, i asked the rep to disable my data since at the...

i totally just got data so i can play pokemon go haha 😛
Userlevel 7
Alicia Tymstra wrote:

me too! when i first got my moto g two years ago, i asked the rep to disable my data since at the...

Alicia, you need to call Koodo and have that block removed. Then you can hunt seagullasaur or bandicoot
Daniel wrote:

Since we can't access your account here to see what might be causing this, can you send us a priv...

ill do that
Userlevel 7
Alicia Tymstra wrote:

I thought the data block was capable of being removed through self serve?
Daniel wrote:

I've just sent them an authentication form and waiting for a response.