Koodo Community

Community

Solved

June 15 changes

Saw this on my invoice this month: On June 3, 2015, we’re dropping your outstanding Tab balance to $0. At this time you’ll be able to choose from our new line-up of plans launching April 19, 2015 and can upgrade to a new Samsung Galaxy s4 for $0. On June 3, 2015, your monthly rate plan will change to new Tab rules. The new Tab doesn’t allow for a positive Tab balance. The previous Tab rule that 10% of your bill accumulated as a positive Tab balance once your Tab balance reached zero, will no longer apply. If you do not agree with this change, you will be able to cancel your service without penalty within 30 days of the change. Otherwise, your service will continue as amended, with all other terms remaining unchanged. I have a +12$ tab balance as of this month for one of our phones; and -$95 for the other two. Do those negative balances change to 0? Do we lose the positive balance if we don't 'use' it? Thanks for any info you can provide.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
I think the June 3rd date must be your 2 year anniversary. You won't lose your positive tab regardless. Your other negative tabs will expire on their 2 year anniversary too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because June 3 is when all existing contracts that are not on 2 year terms will expire regardless of the amount of time left on it http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t13.htm
Userlevel 5
Dennis wrote:

Because June 3 is when all existing contracts that are not on 2 year terms will expire regardless...

I was going to say I think June 3rd was the drop dead date for any remaining terms as per the CRTC.
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Because June 3 is when all existing contracts that are not on 2 year terms will expire regardless...

Which is still being appealed in Federal Court lol