Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Ive just got a galaxy ace 11 X. I dont need data.Is it possible to the data option removed from my plan ?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
You can disable data, sure. Just go into settings, then in the wireless and networks section go to "more settings" then click on "mobile networks" and the disable mobile data. This will prevent your phone from ever going on the internet. As far as your plan is concerned, do you have a data plan? You can change to a non-data plan on Self Serve if that's the case.
Userlevel 1
Curtules wrote:

You can disable data, sure. Just go into settings, then in the wireless and networks section g...

If your Plan includes unlimited SMS/MMS and you need to send/receive pictures, just turn your Data on again and turn it back off when finished.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

You can disable data, sure. Just go into settings, then in the wireless and networks section g...

D'oh! You'd think that after telling thousands of people that MMS requires cellulare internet, I'd remember to write it in my posts.
Userlevel 5
Curtules wrote:

If you have no interest in sending and receiving picture texts and want to 100% not be able to access data - you can email or call in Customer Service and request a data block add-on.
Curtules wrote:

just a precision John , i do not think that koodo will do any change to the account if the request is made by email. Better to call directely customer care.
Userlevel 2
Curtules wrote:

Get it solved has it correct. We won't do account changes via email. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Thanks all. I think a call to customer care for a data block is the thing to do!
john brady wrote:

Thanks all. I think a call to customer care for a data block is the thing to do!

yes it is !