Koodo Community

Community

It would be nice to get an alert when your allotted minutes have been used up to avoid paying extra charges

We have an ongoing family medical emergency which has quickly eaten up the allowable minutes on our plan...it's not always convenient to log on to your account to check data. A text alert would be nice !

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it would be nice and I like this idea. Many people are posting same idea here too.
But they don't have a plan to implement about this for now.

They have add- ons for extra minutes:
$10/mo for Unlimited Incoming Calls
$20/mo for Unlimited Anytime Minutes

If you use/need more than 40 minutes extra, then $20 add on might work well for emergency/temporary use for the month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karen I'm really sorry to hear about your family situation and hope everything will work out at the end. I see that you changed plans yesterday and data notifications should no longer be an issue. The plans you have switched to do have notifications built in at 50, 90 and 100 percent of use. Data will actually be paused once you reach your limit and won't restart unless you want it too. We also have a lot more unlimited voice plans to choose from than ever and that is why the need for a minute tracker has subsided. I hope this helps!   
Bernard wrote:

Karen I'm really sorry to hear about your family situation and hope everything will work out at t...

The need for a minute tracker is still there.  I had no idea that I was over on my minutes (I NEVER go over) on my plan that has free evenings and weekends.  But when I got my bill today, the airtime overage almost DOUBLED my bill.  Come on Koodo! I feel kicked in the stomach.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Karen I'm really sorry to hear about your family situation and hope everything will work out at t...

Unfortunately there are no plans to have this. No carrier has and since unlimited minute plans have come down in prices significantly very few people are looking for a "tool" like this. Have you considered changing plans? 
Thank you for your sympathy, (Bernard), suggestions and comments. The add on plans for extra minutes didn't come up when I checked for add-on-plans . When you search the community forum, the "top" answers are not the most current. It's difficult to change plans when you are not able to access the Internet for self serve, especially since the wait for a customer service rep is over one hour. It's interesting that text messages can be sent urging customers to upgrade phones....even Netflix prompts me when I am binge watching. Data notifications are much appreciated....voice plans need the same text alert. Maybe a hyperlink in the text to auto update?