Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is unlimited international text included?

I am using an old $30 data plan which includes unlimited text. Is international text also free and unlimited?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
From Canada you can text to any other country for free with unlimited messaging.
Userlevel 6
Keep in mind though that not all countries have free TXT'ing to Canada included in their Plans though & not all international carriers support receiving from Koodo. You might want to look into alternatives like BBM, WhatsApp, TextPlus or others that work on pretty much all platforms.
Userlevel 5
John Burke wrote:

Keep in mind though that not all countries have free TXT'ing to Canada included in their Plans th...

Note that these alternatives will use data or WiFi since they are applications that require the internet.
Userlevel 1
so i can text to china or hong kong or russia for free? from canada?
Userlevel 2
Andy Yue wrote:

Chad had given the answer already, so there's no need to ask the same question again.
Userlevel 1
Andy Yue wrote:

i do not see any posts here by chad...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy Yue wrote:

Chris Petersens: "From Canada you can text to any other country for free with unlimited messaging." Question answered 4 hours before you asked.
Userlevel 1
Andy Yue wrote:

Wow guys. Ease up the hostility. Andy is just confirming for his own case. Andy, I usually use this tool to check what countries and providers Koodo has agreements with. So, yes international texting is included for free with all unlimited texting plans. But for specific countries and providers to receive your texts, check this link: http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/text-and-messaging/what-calling-code-do-i-use-for-international-texts
Userlevel 2
Andy Yue wrote:

No hostility was given. A simple use of the eyes would of saved a repeat question is all.