Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there anyway I can still have the deal plan for $45?

Hi everyone! I am wanting to switch my provider to Koodo with their new $45 plan that is up today. I went to the store to purchase it and I didn't realize I needed a picture id. Mine is expired and therefore I couldn't purchase the plan. Is there anyone I can speak to about extending the promo until tomorrow (May 4th) so I can get a new id? I'd really like to take advantage of this deal.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
I'd have suggested you to buy online but the website is broken. The second largest wireless company in Canada can't hire enough people to make their website functional in time, or wait until it is fully functional before launching it... lol I believe they still do phone activations for $35. Buy a Koodo SIM card, call 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) and say you want to activate a new postpaid account. Give them your SIN and credit card number. Done. Then when you receive your first bill, complain to Koodo that the rep didn't tell you about the $35 activation charge, and you want your money back 😛
Userlevel 7
I don't recommend following Hellothere's advice of committing fraud.
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

What? If you go to a Koodo shop, you have to show them a valid photo ID. When you call in, you cannot show a photo ID. I'm not telling her to give the number of her expired photo ID. SINs don't expire. So, how does giving them a valid SIN, and a valid credit card number count as fraud? If you are talking about the $35 part.. well.. ^^
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Hi there, activation over the phone is no longer charged $35. Problem solved 🙂
Userlevel 6
Hi Kelsey, the plan is still available at the moment: http://koo.do/1DOo8cA. But hurry up! It might not last 🙂 Welcome to Koodo Mobile! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.