Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there an option for people who don't want/need data?

Userlevel 1
The old $30 plan with 100 minutes and pay as you go data was what I was looking for up until Sunday. I don't make a lot of calls, and I don't want data, but now I am being forced to have it included for more than I was planning on paying prior to the new "Choose Happy" campaign. I'm not happy.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I guess the timing sucks. The good news is that you are not locked in anywhere and can choose from any of the providers available to you
Userlevel 3
You can certainty get plans without data, or even call and have the disable it. you can get a 28 dollar with 200 minutes, or a 33 with 300 minutes. just ask them to disable it or ask them to give you more minutes in compensation.
Userlevel 1
😞 Except the rest of my family is on Koodo so having the unlimited Canada-wide calling among plan members is a selling point that the other providers don't have.
Userlevel 3
i believe that virgin has unlimited canada wide
Userlevel 1
Everybody has unlimited Canada-wide calling plans, but they aren't two-way (i.e. if I have unlimited Canada-wide calling, but my wife doesn't...), and they're terribly expensive because they include excessive data, which I have no use for.
Userlevel 7
There's always prepaid, But you could also take one of the new plans and keep your data turned off.
Userlevel 1
Seems like a waste of money to pay for a service and then have it deactivated, so you don't use it. I have always preferred to Opt-In, rather than Opt-Out of things.
Userlevel 7
Phil Thornley wrote:

Seems like a waste of money to pay for a service and then have it deactivated, so you don't use i...

If the price fits for the other things you want then having data available if you need it becomes a bonus
Userlevel 4
So it was $30 for 100 minutes with no data, now it's $28 for 200 mintues plus 100 mb of data and your complaining? What am I missing here, you saving money and get twice the mintues? Confused
Userlevel 1
Justin, Prior to the change, Koodo offered the talk-and-text plan for $30... I could get a phone that cost nothing extra. By their new pricing scheme, that plan would have cost somewhere around $24(?). Adding a phone would bring it up to $31, using my assumed price point. I have no desire for a data plan, so I would be paying extra for the data that I don't want or need. After adding a phone to their new $28 plan, it comes out to $35, which is not cheaper.