Koodo Community

Community

Is there a point trying to wait on the phone for a customer service rep today for the Christmas plan?

Is there a point trying to wait on the phone for a customer service rep today for the Christmas plan? I got through yesterday and was transferred and was hung up on after 2.5 hours. Today I tried again and waited 2 hours before being disconnected. I would like this plan but I also need to work! I do own my device so I would go somewhere else if I can't get through, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a Koodo store close by go there. Not sure why everyone is choosing to wait on hold.
Allan wrote:

If you have a Koodo store close by go there. Not sure why everyone is choosing to wait on hold.

I did go to one last night, they said there was nothing they could do since I'm already a customer and I had to call and speak with loyalty. They said they could set up a new account and cancel my old one, but I wouldn't be able to keep my same number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Yeah if your a customer you can't get the plan unless your opening a new line on the account, so you can try to call in but your chances of getting the plan you want are slim to nill
Allan wrote:

So it would make more sense to go to a different provider offering the same plan then if I own my phone?
Allan wrote:

Was told yesterday they can't change me plan at the kiosk and have to call in. Been on hold for an hour now just going to get unlocked and go somewhere else. Terrible customer service.
Allan wrote:

Kind of feeling that way too at this point, and customer service with Koodo is usually stellar... This is my third time calling in after being disconnected on hold for multiple hours... 
Allan wrote:

this is terrible. I will switch to Fido or somewhere else if I can't get through CS this afternoon. And what if I (existing customer) can't get this deal even though I see some existing customers wrote somewhere on koodo community that they got it via phone...!? Koodo CS sucks.. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Unfortunately Koodo is overwhelmed and if you cannot get through then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Everyone has the same plan. Expect to get lucky if you get through to Koodo after a few hours, if at all.
Allan wrote:

it seems like it.. that's too bad 😞
Allan wrote:

I did eventually get through, and they honoured the 10GB plan!... stay strong everyone!
Allan wrote:

Congrats!:)
Allan wrote:

I got through and finally got the promo plan just now !!:) I am an existing Koodo customer. As long as you don't have any tab left, retention reps will give you the deal!
Allan wrote:

whats the phone number