Koodo Community
Question

Is the $39 plan part of the double the minutes and data promotion?

I want to switch to a plan with data. The $39 plan looks great, but I'm wondering if it is part of the current double the data and minutes promotion. Will it stay the same after August 7th, the end of the current promotion?

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you sign up, it will be grandfathered until you decide to change plans 🙂 GO for it (but do it before the 7th) 🙂
Userlevel 5
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Are these promotions the Back to School promotions? If they are, then it's pretty early in my opinion and they aren't THAT good.
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Last year, the Back to School promotion was called "The Works" and included: 150 anytime minutes Canada-wide Evenings and weekends @ 5PM 250 MB data Unlimited SMS & MMS Voice mail, caller ID. All this for $40. Let me tell you, this year's $39 plan is honestly better. But nothing quite beats last winter's double minutes and data promo, though.
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...I thought it was just to match Fido's $39 plan until I assume Fido gets rid of it when they redo all their plans on Aug. 9.
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Wasn't last years offering 6GB of data, 250 Canada wide mins, unlimited incoming, unlimited sms (international) and mms (canada wide), voicemail, caller ID, etc.. for $60? Or was that 2 years ago?
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...yeah that was last year. but I still prefer: 150 Canada wide mins, evenings @ 7 PM, 200 MB data, unlimited SMS & MMS, voicemail, caller ID for $30. I don't need much
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...It was last year mattjs, the year when our hopes and dreams were still within reach :oP Sadly this year, we have bankrupt Detroit and Canadian carriers' new plans...
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Anyone want to crunch some numbers and see what the absolute cheapest rate 6GB of data would cost these days? I can only imagine that with the cheapest base plan and the overages, it's gotta be well north of $100...
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...So far from what I can see, on Koodo at least, you'd need the current $60 promo plan with 2GB, and add $40 of data overages (4 blocks of $10/GB) to achieve 6GB, and you'd be looking right at $100. Yeah. $100 a month. Can-wide unlimited cellphone service with a large (though not unlimited) data bucket. I'm still trying to determine if I should laugh or cry... Edit: You can bring this [i]all the way down to $94 if you BYOD.
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...So basically we're seeing data inflated at a rate of around 70% in just 12 months. Brutal lol.
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Welcome to Canada 🙂 In their defense though, you get a little bit more than last year's Super6GB plan. Difference being unlimited calling and data overages at $10/GB whereas it used to be 250mins+unlm/incoming and data overages at $0.05/MB. So yeah, it's better, but not $40 better...
Userlevel 5
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...But the $39 plan isn't really $39 since you do have to pay the extra $5 tab fee; making it $44 per month plus taxes on the plan as well as the tab fee. Nevertheless, I'll be sticking to my $30 The Works plan.
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Only on the medium tab yoi pay 5 I believe
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Check out this website that just launched, it's pretty rich. Payed for by Rogers, Bell & Telus. http://fairforcanada.ca/
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...This message from our dear carriers is really touching. The problem is that it does [i]not touch me where it should... I'm not kidding myself though, having a 4th nationwide carrier, whatever its name may be, will only mean we'll have 4 overpriced carriers to choose from. This whole industry is a messy mix of greed, hypocrisy, lobbyism and now we get blackmailing added on top. Nice try to make me cry Big3, nice try.
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...The propaganda machine is in full swing... Can't figure out if it's because they're legitimately worried, or if they just have (our) money to burn...
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...The patriotic chord it aims to strike will likely find a home with those less informed. And we still need to see on which side of the fence the new Industry Minister sits on. In the end, I have no clue who will come, who will vanish, but one thing is for certain: fair pricing is not coming our way. Just look at the discrepancies between CA and US prices on goods, even though the dollar's been at par (or close) for quite some time now...
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...You've gotta admire their commitment and how clever it all is, they're just looking out for their fellow canucks after all.....
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...They need to protect their [heavily government subsidized, over many years] investment on Canadian territory...
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...I feel a bit like Koodo has been bullied by its creator last month. It's almost as if Telus decided to throw Koodo into the flaming bottomless pit just to see people's reaction to the new plans. They then went "holy carp that's bad" and brought out the violins to appease us (while readying more lube for the next round of price hikes). The timing was just perfect. Test out new plans. Hear bad response. Buy ads in the newspaper. Hmmm... (We need to remember nothing forced them to do any of this before December, although it was encouraged... Something else motivated the quick revamp of plans/subsidies.)
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...We've just got to trust them, they know what's fair for canadians afterall...
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Yes. Yes, of course.
Userlevel 7
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...You guys are getting really off-topic and technically this is a "no-no". You should probably take this somewhere private if you guys want to continue
Userlevel 6
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Sadly Ahmad, GetSat doesn't have a private chat system in place, and there is no way to contact other members privately since we don't have other members' personal details. And spreading those details on the forum would also be a "no-no".
Userlevel 2
Hi Lian, It's the best deal you can get at the moment, no question about it... and once you si...Shall we just create a Canadian Wireless News thread and post this type of stuff in there from now on? Or is that a 'no-no' as well....