Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is Koodo free evenings and weekends calls only for local calls or it is canada wide?

I have a $30 call and text plan. When I call a Canada long distance call at night, it says this is a long distance call. I thought it mentioned that everything is Canada wide. Can you tell me the answer please.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Canada wide if you are on a Canada wide plan. They do make the announcement maybe just so you know but there are no charges.
Userlevel 7
Just add a 1 to the beginning of every call. It tells the system that you are aware you are calling outside of your general area. It has to be like this because there are still people out there on old non Canada wide plans. But it doesn't apply to you.
Chad Burr wrote:

Just add a 1 to the beginning of every call. It tells the system that you are aware you are calli...

Since switching to the canada wide plan, i have made every contact phone number +1 xxx yyy zzzz. That way, no matter where I am in canada I can call them without having to remember to dial one (if local, it goes through just fine because of the + sign in front of the 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can make Canada long distance calls any time and you don't get LD charges. Free evenings and weekends means it doesn't use your any time minutes 🙂