Koodo Community
Solved

Is International Combo still a thing?

• 4 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Hey all. Is the International Combo $40 add-on still a thing or is Easy Roam now the only option when travelling abroad? Also, for Easy Roam, is the $12/day in addition to your monthly plan rate? Some of my relatives don't have wifi, so I'd pretty much have to keep my phone on airplane mode or something to avoid using any data. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Dinh 4 September 2019, 00:42

Hi
No, there isn't any $40 add-on as of now. You would have to choose "easyroam" or "Pay-per-use". You could see more information here https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

The $12 is on top of your current monthly rateplan and the roaming fee is capped at $150 per billing cycle.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi
No, there isn't any $40 add-on as of now. You would have to choose "easyroam" or "Pay-per-use". You could see more information here https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

The $12 is on top of your current monthly rateplan and the roaming fee is capped at $150 per billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To avoid using data just turn data off or data roaming off. This way you can still receive texts. But once you send a text or talk, then you start your Easy Roam for a 24hour period
Thank you both!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Amz Just curious, what’s the reason for “fearing” to use your phone like you would at home? Access to all your data, all your minutes etc. Some people drop more on a couple of lattes (especially overseas) than the cost staying connected per day.
@Amz Just curious, what’s the reason for “fearing” to use your phone like you would at home? Access to all your data, all your minutes etc. Some people drop more on a couple of lattes (especially overseas) than the cost staying connected per day.
I suppose paying an extra $150 for one billing cycle isn't the end of the world. But I guess it would be if I were on a budget, like many people are.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@AMZ Most people don't use Easy Roam everyday on their holidays. It's good to be disconnected. 🙂 So the cost can be significantly less depending on one's desire to vacation.
Userlevel 4
If you’re going to Europe you can get an inexpensive prepaid SIM card when you are there. They include international calls and data and are usually less than 30 euros.