Koodo Community
Question

iPhone 11 and roaming

• 26 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I want to switch to koodo. I am using iPhone11 with Rogers. Can I switch with the Same phone number?

Also, i am planning to go to China. If I pick the $15 plan no easy roaming and turn off the cellular data just receiving text message. So is it still $15 per month?

If i send 2 text messages to Canada phone number, there will be $1.20 extra upon $15 according to the pay per use rates. Is it correct?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes you can indeed keep the same number. You'll place the order online and then once you receive the sim card, you can port over your number by following the steps here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

For your other two questions you are correct for both!

Yes you can indeed keep the same number. You'll place the order online and then once you receive the sim card, you can port over your number by following the steps here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

For your other two questions you are correct for both!

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just be very careful. Data leakage happens often. 

Personally I would modify my APN setting so even if data is triggered by accident, it won't work since the APN setting is purposely incorrect. 

For example I would add a bunch of 0's to the end of the APN address

Personally I would modify my APN setting so even if data is triggered by accident, it won't work since the APN setting is purposely incorrect. 

Great idea! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is only correct for Android. IPhone 11 ios running on Koodo carrier setting doesn't allow this. 

This is only correct for Android. IPhone 11 ios running on Koodo carrier setting doesn't allow this. 

Thank you! I'd better get a Android then.