Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPad mini

Does anyone use iPad mini with Koodo?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Koodo does not offer a tablet plan. You could use a tablet with a cellphone plan, but that would make for a very expensive plan for a tablet.
Userlevel 2
Unless the device has calling capabilities, there's very little reason to use an internet only device with Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did want to put a Koodo nano sim into the iPad Mini Model A1454, it does have the right antennas to use Data on the Koodo network However like the above mentioned, Koodo does not have data only plans
my koodo phone is broken i was wondering if there was some way to transfer my number and plan to my ipad mini
Userlevel 3
Laura Plourde wrote:

my koodo phone is broken i was wondering if there was some way to transfer my number and plan to ...

iPads do not have the ability to carry a cell phone number 🙂
Userlevel 3
Laura Plourde wrote:

my koodo phone is broken i was wondering if there was some way to transfer my number and plan to ...

You could use the methods above, and call through facetime or 3rd party applications while on cellular data, but it would be very expensive. Going to another carrier that carries tablet support will be the best for your buck:) Hope this helps:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The iPad does not have the software to use as a phone, nor receive and send SMS texts. There are apps that mimic a phone using the data side of things, but no way to connect to the cellular voice network.