Koodo Community
Solved

International Voice Addon

• 3 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have taken a new koodo connection on 23rd May at a Koodo shop and the plan is $50/month with 1000 international voice min per month addon. My billing cycle is shown as 02nd May to 1st June. Now when I check the usage through self-serve it shows like few international calls are charged on 1st June alone. But when I check my total usage is 448 min along with local mins. Can you please illustrate me
icon

Best answer by Phani 3 June 2019, 18:43

But add-ons are included in my plan right like data and others. So why it is charged on a prorated basis as this is paid on a monthly fee. Even this is not informed to me during the process of new connection by Koodo associate and also even in agreement it is mentioned like add-ons are billed monthly in advance and taxes are extra
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Phani! Your bill is in the process of being calculated, as it usually takes 2 to 3 working days to be fully available. However judging by the info I am able to gather, I see you have a charge of $56 which occurred on the last day of your billing cycle, the 1st of June, which indicates that you have used your long distance minutes, as each extra minute call to India, is charged at a rate of $0.50 / minute. Your add-on offers you 1000 long distance minutes per billing cycle, but because you have started the service on the 23rd of May, you had 333 long distance minutes till June the 1st, till the end of the day. So a total of 112 long distance minutes were used in addition to the 333, equaling 445 long distance minutes.
But add-ons are included in my plan right like data and others. So why it is charged on a prorated basis as this is paid on a monthly fee. Even this is not informed to me during the process of new connection by Koodo associate and also even in agreement it is mentioned like add-ons are billed monthly in advance and taxes are extra
Userlevel 3
Your plan is also prorated, and you will notice on your upcoming bill the partial charge for the service from 23rd of May to 1st of June + the next full billing cycle in advance.

For an illustrated explanation, I invite you to have a look at this video here: https://youtu.be/-OrlKWPqwu8 , and you can also check out this link: http://Koodo.com/bill , for further info on proration.
Hi,

I have verified the bill and I see two issues in the bill. As you mentioned I have to get 333 minutes international calls/ long distance calls as free but I have got only 300 minutes in the bill. Other issue is the last call on 1st June needs to be charged from 11:40 PM to till 12:00 AM of Jun 2nd, but it was charged for 31 min (bill attached). I request you to check and get this corrected.

FYI I have taken this new connection on May 23rd, 2019 and billing cycle is from May 23rd to Jun 1st