Koodo Community

Community

Solved

International Travel Pass

Does koodo offer travel plans / passes to international countries per zone (not only USA), such as telus does? I would love to see this feature.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
They don't at the moment but it's certainly a good idea that I agree with!
Ahmad wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply - yes, it would be a great idea and you think it would be relatively easy for Koodo to incorparate in their services, since Telus already has the setup.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

The (usual) reason they don't offer international packages is because the demand for them is relatively low since their customer base a) isn't as big as Telus' and b) a completely different type of customer. Telus can be seen to service more business type customers who travel more and would want such packages. Koodo, at least in the past, has catered to families and teens who may not necessarily travel much or at all. Hopefully things change in the near future and we see some more variety of roaming packages
Ahmad wrote:

Really? What about any data plans or roaming/pay as you go? I would like to take my phone with me (nexus 4) to Nicaragua next week and use where I have WiFi, I can still do that under a current monthly plan right?
Userlevel 3
Ahmad wrote:

Yeah wifi is absolutely free. Otherwise prepaid is not eligible for any pay per use roaming.
Ahmad wrote:

K thanks. So I just have to make sure my phones settings are set for off besides WiFi? Just to clarify, if I wanted to make an emergency or needed call down there would I be able too? Do you know how much I would be charged if so? Thanks for your quick response!
Ahmad wrote:

yes, make sure that your data is off. This should be a separate feature on your Phone and you can still keep voice/calling on. If you do not turn off the data, you might find a big surprise on your next bill as data would be charged as $10 / MB. The cost for making and receiving calls is $2.50 / min. and $0.60 per txt (sending and receiving). Make sure you add the international voice roaming as an add on; otherwise you will not be able to make calls.
Ahmad wrote:

Thank you for that information. It is much clearer now, and I know what to do 🙂