Koodo Community

Community

international texting

I've just added the 30 day $15 international texting to my plan by txting TXT15 to 7626 per instructions in self serve.  How do I know it's been added?  I haven't received confirmation.  I've turned my phone off and back on. 

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should have received a text back saying that it has been added. It could take quite a few minutes for you to get it in some cases. You can login to self serve and view your add-ons and if you see it than you're good!
No confirmation on my account and no confirmation txt yet (it's been an hour).   Although, on self serve it says to txt the request to 4545 and on the add on - international text it says to txt TXT15 to 7626 (which I've done).  If I txt TXT15 to 4545 will I end up with a double charge?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

No confirmation on my account and no confirmation txt yet (it's been an hour).   Althou...

Since you can't apply more than one of the same add-on simultaneously, the second try should only work if the first has not.
Teresa wrote:

No confirmation on my account and no confirmation txt yet (it's been an hour).   Althou...

Ok, thanks.  Do I need to add once I'm out of Canada, or can I add before I go?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

Most folks seem to get it while sitting in the airport!
Teresa wrote:

And so I am surprised that I cannot add it before I leave for vaca
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

You can. It just starts right away, and if your vacation is longer than the term you chose, you end up paying pay-per-use rates when you could have avoided them.

Teresa wrote:

Tried 2x will not add, maybe I'm doing something wrong.  It's frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

Teresa, you can indeed add it before you leave. You have two lines but neither has the add-on just yet. Pls try again and text 7626 as you mentioned above. That is if I assume correctly, that you are going overseas. 
Teresa wrote:

Thanks Bernard, we are going to Cancun so will still need the add on, I believe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

Yes, Mexico is considered international. I'll be there during March break and will be needing it too.:-) Once added a text should be sent to the line that it was requested for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

I just tested it. This is what you should see when you text Teresa.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

Then this:

Nope, just tried again and didn't work ):
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

Nothing happens? No error message received? Very strange. Let me look st your account in the morning to see if there is anything that would cause this. Thanks for your patience!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

I wonder if the purchase is blocked due to the lack of the International Voice Add-on being applied to the account?

Here's how to see: sign into the Koodo self serve website. Add the free “International Voice Roaming" and / or the free “International Data Roaming” add on. https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/roaming-texting?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=18384349#reply_18384349
This is what shows on my plan so I do think I have International Voice Roaming. 

Your monthly add-onsManage
  • US Roam Air@1.35$0.00
  • International Voice Roaming$0.00
I'll talk with you tomorrow.  I see it is much later where you are. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

This is what shows on my plan so I do think I have International Voice Roaming. 

Your mont...

Yup.  Just trying to confirm more possibilities. Let's see what Bernard brings to the discussion tomorrow.

Userlevel 6
Hey Teresa! I just checked your account and nothing should prevent you from adding on the service.  Can you possibly send us a private message through Facebook or Twitter? We will be more than happy to add it on for you as it's not working.  A screenshot of the attempts you made through text would be much appreciated to that we can investigate further to prevent this from happening again.  Thank you! 
Hi, If I send a pm through facebook who do I direct it to?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

No need to direct it to anyone Teresa. Only a handful of people looking at those they can all help. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Teresa wrote:

It'll be picked up by whomever is on shift.  Dear Sir / Madam will be fine as a salutation.
https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/