Koodo Community

Community

Solved

International text messaging rates (when having a $25 canada-wide talk & text plan)

Hi. I have a question about international text messaging rates when having a $25 canada-wide talk & text plan. It says here, https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/cheap-cell-phone-plans-in-canada/c99999906-c99999907-p0.html#wrapper that Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Then I can send and receive any text messages to and from my friends (in Korea, Japan and China) without limits? But just beside it, on the table of standard rates, it also indicates Outgoing Text Messages cost 25¢/text and Picture Messages cost 50¢/pic. Which one does apply to the plan?

4 replies

As long as the text messages are sent from Canada there's no additional charge with the rate plan that you are on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don'T se what you are talking about, but those charges are when you're in another country and texting!
Userlevel 2
Hey Sean, the specified rates that you are looking at are if you don't have unlimited messaging. Texting under normal circumstance would mean you have 50 outgoing text messages that you can send. Once you are over that amount it's@0.25 per message sent and $0.50 per picture message sent. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
MykeC wrote:

Hey Sean, the specified rates that you are looking at are if you don't have unlimited messaging. ...

Thanks. I got it.