Koodo Community

Community

International text add on

Userlevel 1
Did Koodo remove the international text/talk add on’s ? TXT 15 and TXT 40

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Gerd,

Yes, they have been replaced with their easy roam offerings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

This is basically the Telus/Koodo version of Roam Like Home that Rogers/Fido has
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

or pay per use, if you don't use your phone much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

To use pay per use, you need to make sure EasyRoam is not enabled on your account
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

The EasyRoam billing is per cycle, not for 30 days. So if you are on vacation and your billing period is split while your away the $100 maximum could actually be $200. I liked the other option of text only. 75 texts for $15. Too bad, seems like a step in the wrong direction.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

The majority of people wanted something similar to easy roam. If you don't like any of the offerings from Koodo I would suggest getting a US SIM card and unlocking your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

It really depends on your use.  Easy Roam is much more cost effective for high use customers.  But low use customers are kind of left out here.  I suggest posting this as an Idea on this community
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

I agree. I just went on the site looking for the international text add on for a trip to Cuba. I am very disappointed that it's no longer available. I will have to go with pay per use, as the Easy Roam is way too expensive for what I want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Some reported that there were some "legacy" add-ons available if you call Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Some reported that there were some "legacy" add-ons available if you call Koodo.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

That is very disappointing! When I travel I count on text only to keep in touch with my children. 10.00 a day is out of my budget. I will look at other carriers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

You still have the option of paying the pay-per-use rates. Incoming texts are free and outgoing texts are typically $0.60/message. Exact rates can be found here: https://www.koodomobile.com/payperuse?INTCMP=KMNew_EasyRoamCTA_PayPerUse
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

The Pay per use option is not very competitively priced and certainly not exclusive to Koodo customers. Koodo used to be a competitive no frills carrier. I see that slowly eroding. Bring back a text only option for travellers please.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Time to switch providers, I go to Cuba every year. Might as well use a pay phone card smh
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Rob, that’s exactly where we are at. Cuba 2x a year. Otherwise, Koodo has been nothing short of awesome. Ok, call center is what it is.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

I used the text add-on (TXT 15) last year in Cuba and it was perfect. Now Koodo's offering an option that has added content I don't want & it will cost me a lot more? NO THANKS. 
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Exactly! It would have been around 30$ to use the old add on plan for my vacation, but with easy roam it's going to cost around 98$- completely not in my budget!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Are you expecting to send a text or use talk at least once every 24 hours?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Yes- to talk to my family while I am away, calling no- Just texting, I understand I can use standard rates, but the old plans were still better. I would rather know what my bill is going to be, rather than it to be a surprise. 
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Yes- to talk to my family while I am away, calling no- Just texting, I understand I can use standard rates, but the old plans were still better. I would rather know what my bill is going to be, rather than it to be a surprise. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

It's unfortunate, but it seems like Koodo moved toward an all inclusive package rather and an individual package for roaming as the trend currently is for Data use while traveling.  It might not help you with your immediate trip, but I recommend suggesting as an Idea on the community to bring back these individual roaming packages
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

Can you choose to email your family while connected to Wi-Fi?, rather than using the cellular network at all?

Mathieu wrote:

Hi Gerd,

I agree, they should have both options to accommodate everyone. Contrary to trends- I don't use social media or anything needing data when I travel. I could try emailing with wifi, just not as convenient I suppose (I am not 100% sure if wifi is free where we are staying)- I will definitely suggest it to the community though- to bring the individualized roaming packages back!