Koodo Community

Community

International sms

Userlevel 1
Why is Koodo still charging to receive an international text message when roaming? Receiving a text message when travelling costs us money, when it is completely out of our control. I travel frequently for work, and although I love the Koodo service, this is the only inconvenience that makes an otherwise happy customer want to switch carriers.

17 replies

Userlevel 6
I totally get where you coming from! I hope this idea will get traction with them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You got my vote, Alex! Agree as well!
Userlevel 7
Me three!
Userlevel 5
Hey Alex, there were a few other ideas like this recently. We're looking into this! Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 3
Hey Alex,

Just wanted to thank you for your idea. Much appreciated. Because of you all incoming text messages are free!
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

Just wanted to thank you for your idea. Much appreciated. Because of you all incoming ...

Where is it free I spoke to koodo on the phone yesterday and I was told it's $0.60 a text. Only when u travel to the US it's free
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

Just wanted to thank you for your idea. Much appreciated. Because of you all incoming ...

On my end I received those texts while in EU and seems like there is no charge!

Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

If u look on the website or call in to costumer service they clearly say it will cost you money.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

Interesting...I'll try and find an official answer and I'll get back to you ASAP
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

Thanks a lot because I'm traveling in the near future and this will make the difference if I put a hold on my account or keep the serves running ( I happen to be a rep in a store and I haven't seen anything indicating that it's free) when I called In I was clearly said it will cost
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

Have you considered unlocking the phone if you're travelling for longer period of time?
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

My phone is unlocked and I have a sim for the countries I'm traveling too but I have a secondary phone that I wanna put my koodo sim in so I can see who's calling me and my incoming text. All the other services providers have it why not koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Alex,

Finally, the verdict is that they are not free unfortunately. Maybe in my case it's a bug.
Hi Jordan, I posted the same question in the "question" section. If this is already implemented, how come the koodo website still shows incoming/outgoing text has a charge of $0.60 outside of Canada/USA? http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling Under "Travelling outside of these locations?" Thanks.
wing0 wrote:

Hi Jordan, I posted the same question in the "question" section. If this is already impleme...

I too have this exact same question. If the website is not updated with the correct details, requesting Koodo to update the same.
Userlevel 3
wing0 wrote:

Hi Jordan, I posted the same question in the "question" section. If this is already impleme...

Hey there Wing, Thanks for noticing that. We have implemented the idea, but haven't yet updated that section of the site. We will make a change to that page soon. Enjoy your day and happy travels 🙂
so...... website still not yet updated to indicate all incoming texts are free while roaming world wide? would like to see confirmation if we could.