Koodo Community

Community

International roaming add-on - will it replace my monthly plan?

I am travelling to Costa Rica for 2 months and am looking to add the international roaming to my phone. Will this or can it replace my regular monthly phone plan? I currently have the $60/month plan with 1000 minutes and 3 gb data which obviously I won't be using while in Costa Rica. Thank-you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, your base plan needs to be active so you can roam. You could change it to a lower priced plan, but you may not be able to choose a plan similar to the one you have now on your return.
Also if I'm away for 2 months will I be able to add on another international roaming when it runs out in 30 days? I won't be in Canada to add it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Leisha Sagan wrote:

Also if I'm away for 2 months will I be able to add on another international roaming when it runs...

You should be able to do it through the Koodo App downloaded to your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Leisha Sagan wrote:

Also if I'm away for 2 months will I be able to add on another international roaming when it runs...

If you are going to be away for 2 months, consider unlocking, putting your account on seasonal hold and using a local SIM

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data

You will have to choose from available plans when you return, but in the meantime only spend $15 a month with Koodo to hold your number.